Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Galpin Auto Sports recently kicked off a collaboration with the United States Air Force. They created two customized vehicles for the 2009 Super Car Tour – a new U.S. Air Force recruiting initiative that kicked off just last month.

The white Ford Mustang ‘X-1’ and black Dodge Challenger ‘VAPOR’ are Air Force-inspired designs that will travel across the country this year as part of a mobile marketing campaign to educate young people on career opportunities available within the Air Force.

Even as a Import fan I actually like this car, especially the interior. That's pretty bad ass! I respect how much work that's been put into this ride.

X1

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'm not liking this one as much, but still plenty of hard work put into this. Looks like it would belong in a Mad Max or Death Race movie!

Vapor

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
Wow, those cars are siiiiccckkkkkk. :eek:

I wouldn't mind owning either of them. :laughing:

·
Banned
12,318 Posts
riced out fucking pieces of shit. absolutely worthless arcades basically. look like some fucked up real life re-enactments of nfs underground lol

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, those cars are siiiiccckkkkkk. :eek:

I wouldn't mind owning either of them. :laughing:
I would totally rock the Mustang!

riced out fucking pieces of shit. absolutely worthless arcades basically. look like some fucked up real life re-enactments of nfs underground lol
Yeah they are overtop video game like cars, but I like the interiors and the amount of work thats been put into them. I find them creative.

how do those even remotely look good?
What I dont' get is the trim piece covering the headlights??? I like the wheels on the Mustang. Both bodykits are over the top, but I like the Stang's interior.

so you drive that bitch with a joystick?
The Stang has a a steering wheel that pops out, looks like a "H"

·
Curious Gooner
3,711 Posts
its has SRT wheels?!!??! bwahahahaha

·
Banned
7,568 Posts
SSIIIKKK!!! I like the interior on the Challenger better, but I'd rock the Mustang!

Good find TS!

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
its has SRT wheels?!!??! bwahahahaha
I think the Stang wheels kinda look like Volk SE37

Is it just me or do the Challengers wheels look like propellers? I wonder if that was done to pay respect to old school planes, a little nostalgia?

Am i the only one who thinks they both look retardedly terrible inside and out?
:vomit:
Your not the only one...but I think its half and half :dontknow: Either you hate it or like.

SSIIIKKK!!! I like the interior on the Challenger better, but I'd rock the Mustang!

Good find TS!
Me too! I think it looks hardcore. It would be pretty cool if it had some kinda weaponry :shooting:

I also like the rear diffuser on the Stang it looks like the ones made by Varis for the RSX.

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
damn didnt even notice that. looks uncomfortable
Yeah it looks kinda harsh, bad for the back and butt :thumbsdow

Gotta love the government blowing money on crap
They look terrible.

waste of time/money.
Hey its not my government...aren't you guys running a massive deficit?:mam: I thought you guys were cutting back on military expenses.:dontknow:

·
thisdancegetstheladies
4,750 Posts
Galpin Auto Sports recently kicked off a collaboration with the United States Air Force. They created two customized vehicles for the 2009 Super Car Tour – a new U.S. Air Force recruiting initiative that kicked off just last month.

The white Ford Mustang ‘X-1’ and black Dodge Challenger ‘VAPOR’ are Air Force-inspired designs that will travel across the country this year as part of a mobile marketing campaign to educate young people on career opportunities available within the Air Force.
Even as a Import fan I actually like this car, especially the interior. That's pretty bad ass! I respect how much work that's been put into this ride.
great, now ill be working with a bunch of ricers.

its one thing to have those crazy ass bodykits. its another when they dont look like theyre fitted right. I wonder if those seats eject? If they did, i probably would drive fast towards a wall and eject.

Plus, where the fuck are they getting the money to do this? I read in newspapers and magazines all time about how the AF is struggling to get enough money to increase the F22 fleet and how they "fear" they wont be able to buy enough F35's.....

·
Blown is Better
3,107 Posts
I read in newspapers and magazines all time about how the AF is struggling to get enough money to increase the F22 fleet and how they "fear" they wont be able to buy enough F35's.....

Well, think about the difference in costs between 2 cars built by a shop using mostly spare parts and fighter jets that have an increment cost exceeding $80,000,000 to $150,000,000 each. Pretty sure the Air Force has plenty in the ol' recruiting budget to cover these cars and not even think about it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts