Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering if anybody knows what the 0-60 time is for the stock base rsx........i've done a few mods so i am a bit faster now.......but i was just curious............everyone seems to have a time for the type-s but no one seems to have one for the base......if anyone has any info i would appreciate it....thanks!!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
If stock 1/4 mile is around 15.7-15.8, then 0-60 would be on the order of 7.5. No way is it in the 6's. Out of all the reviews of the RSX, I have never seen any publication that tested the performance of the base. However it should very similar to the new Civic Si.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have measured my runs with a Gtech meter with a best time 0-60mph of 6.88 and a test average time of 7.15 at around 1am in the morning in 50 degree temperature. BONE STOCK!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
enjoy187 said:
I have measured my runs with a Gtech meter with a best time 0-60mph of 6.88 and a test average time of 7.15 at around 1am in the morning in 50 degree temperature. BONE STOCK!

i thought TypeS run low 7sec ...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Type-S is about the same to 60mph.

From my personal experience the Base stock is faster to 60mph than the Type-S stock, thanks to the Base's dual runners providing great low to mid range torque. I've hit it off a few lights against Type-Ses in my town and beaten them to 60 without much of a problem. When they hit 3rd gear around 64mph then you're in instant trouble.

·
Registered
200 Posts
James S said:

From my personal experience the Base stock is faster to 60mph than the Type-S stock, thanks to the Base's dual runners providing great low to mid range torque. I've hit it off a few lights against Type-Ses in my town and beaten them to 60 without much of a problem. When they hit 3rd gear around 64mph then you're in instant trouble.
I have to agree, in every race against a type-s I beat it to 60, by anywhere from bumpers to half a car, then they hit 3rd and race is over.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
same here...I can stay with them until about 70 and then they just make me look bad

·
Banned
689 Posts
base rsx manual = high 7 sec.
Tiburon V6 and Celica GTS is about 7.2 secs.

Unless the base Rsx has serious mod in it, IT CANT KEEP UP WITH TYPE-S UP TO 60. THATS BULL SHIT.
TYPE -S 0-60 TIME IS ABOUT MID 6 SEC.

·
Registered
320 Posts
RSXMSL said:
base rsx manual = high 7 sec.
Tiburon V6 and Celica GTS is about 7.2 secs.

Unless the base Rsx has serious mod in it, IT CANT KEEP UP WITH TYPE-S UP TO 60. THATS BULL SHIT.
I agree. If you guys are beating Type-S's, they are not being driven to their potential. If you look at stock 1/4 mile times for the Base, they are around 15.8; very similar to the new Civic Si. Testing of the Civic Si and other cars with similar times show that this translates to a 0-60 of about 7.4-7.7.

·
Registered
547 Posts
RSXMSL said:
You're confusing two different issues here. Think about what you're saying. In order for a base to "keep up" with a type-s to a certain distance (i.e., 1/8 mile) is different from it needing the same amount of time to reach a certain speed (i.e., 70mph). This is also the reason why you can have two cars have the same 1/4 mile time with different trapspeeds.

Let's pretend a manual-tranny base and a Type-S are racing. In first gear, their gearing is identical. The difference is that the base is lighter (by ~70 lbs) and it has a fatter midrange (5-8 lb-ft more torque from 3k-5krpm). What does that mean? It means the base will beat the Type-S in the BASE's 1st gear (note: the base will have to shift to 2nd sooner because the Type-S has a 7800rpm redline). Essentially, all this means that the base's 0-30mph time is faster than the Type-S's.

In the base's 2nd gear, the advantage is much less. Although they have similar or identical 2nd gears, weight matters less after the launch and the base is in 2nd while the Type-S is still in 1st). The base is still in front of the Type-S at this point, but the Type-S will start to pull on the base halfway through 2nd gear (from my experience).

By the time the base hits 3rd, the Type-S will have pulled even. Note: even though they are bumper to bumper, the Type-S has a HIGHER speed, hence it is pulling on the base.

Now let's freeze time. Let's say the base is at 60mph while the Type-S is at 62mph. What does that mean? It means that the Type-S hit 60mph quicker than the base RSX (probably half-second quicker). It should be obvious though that the base has "kept up" with the Type-S in 1st and 2nd, YET the Type-S still has a faster 0-60mph time.

And in case you need empirical data to back up the theory, I've beaten 2 Type-S's in the manner described above. By the end of 2nd and into 3rd though, it was pretty ugly.

·
Banned
689 Posts
QUOTE]Originally posted by James S

[/QUOTE]

There is NO WAY base stock is faster 0-60mph than the Type-S stock. My point is that Type-S is faster than Base Rsx in 0-60, PERIOd. And type-S would not Lose to Base in 1st gear my much, and by the 2nd gear type-S would have pulled on Base.
I have Base Rsx and also Driven lots of Type-S too, and by fact Type-S is faster in 0-60, 1/4mile, and Top speed.~~

·
VS. Godzilla
2,220 Posts
I beat a S upto 80mph, and kept side to side until 100mph, he pulls at 110mph. Twice. I had a slightly better start each time.:dontknow:

·
Banned
689 Posts
Was your base stock?

·
Registered
320 Posts
If the Base could keep up with the Type-S 0-60, we would be seeing 0-60 tests of the Civic Si (with basically the same engine as the base) in the high 6's. Surprisingly enough we don't.

Edmunds tested the Type-S in 6.7 and the Civic Si in 8.1 (although I have seen as low as mid 7's for the Si). Granted, one has to really thrash the Type-S to get those times; something the dudes you are racing against probably aren't doing.

I'd say this is better empirical data than "I've beaten 2 Type-S's in the manner described above"

·
VS. Godzilla
2,220 Posts
RSXMSL said:
Was your base stock?
Nope, but I ran with stock tires and rims once. And did it twice with the KDs

Base aren't that slow if u have a good launch.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts