Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Officially Amused ;P
6,475 Posts
Talking about these crystal ion? These are gonna be my set but I can order a crystal ion fogs and retro them for a little more.

Yes like many other fogs with a glass lens, they are prone to road debris hitting them and shattering the glass. I can replace it with a lexan lens like the one pictures above.
lol no those are too expensive for me
i meant just a purple film/overlay but thats ok, so how much just for the retrofitted 05-06 lamps & projectors itself? i already have a setup wired, h11 bulbs etc. i just wanna replace it with these retro'd 1s :thumbsup:

· Officially Amused ;P
6,475 Posts
When you paint the reflector the purple shows way more. I did this years ago and had the same results.
you mean the inside bowl? cuz i was thinking of doing that too but i kinda dont want to go thru the hassle of using a heat oven to remove & re installing the lenses :eek:
but as you see in my show off thread i just used a light purple tint film
then again i do like the way how the projectors with that wall/cover looks really sets itself apart from any other foglight
btw send me a pic if u still got 1 id like to see the actual outcome since i dont have enuf funds to get retro'd fogs

· Officially Amused ;P
6,475 Posts
ok in a way i kinda wasnt planning on using ion fogs, mostly just clears with a purple overlay cuz i need mines looking more medium-dark purpleish than pink cuz it'll throw my lighting way off at night
& i did not know that i learned something new today lol
there should be a diy for these (retro fogs) :hihi:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.