Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
A Wild Female Appears!
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 02 type S about 2 months ago and I could not be more excited. Got it from a soldier who had no idea how nice of a car she actually is. She's got 60k miles on her.

I'm the third owner.

Original owner did some work to her, including a-spec lip kit, magnaflow catback exhaust, and K&N sri & air filter.

Second owner gave her a 5% tint.

Now it's my turn.

How she sits now:

In need of some better pictures, but they're coming with the next Raleigh Meet :)

·
A Wild Female Appears!
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here's how she looked just a few days after I got her, before any modding on my part.

Original plan was for the drop to be first, but I found a good deal on wheels that I couldn't pass up. Bought konig daylites to replace the stockies, and I'll probably rock 'em for a few months, at least until next summer, when I'll look into getting something better.

Pictures of the wheel painting process:
Spoiler:

After almost an hour of scrubbing, they finally looked clean enough to tape. I was actually really surprised to see that they were red. LOL.

First coat of primer, and a good comparison to the stockies I was rocking.

Four coats of primer, four coats of paint later.

Finally have her sitting on something other than stock.

So I take a picture with a friend.

Another picture of the new wheels.

I decided it was time to do some deletion, so I removed rear Acura and RSX-S badges, as well as the low spoiler.

Next up:
Long overdue drop!

·
A Wild Female Appears!
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
To Do List:

D2 coilover and camber kits.
Rear wiper delete.
New fog lights.
New shifter bushings.
Passenger side window motor.
Driver side door actuator.
Blue open ended, extended lugs.
Decklid.
Turbo?

·
A Wild Female Appears!
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good start, wheel paint came out nice.
Thanks! :)

There's one spot on the front drivers wheel that drives me nuts, got a finger print in it while putting it back on :(

Nothing some sanding and a light re spray won't fix though.

·
Come at me bro!
1,070 Posts
Looking great so far

You should've painted your rims green, would have set the car off real nice :p
Haha that is funny, I would laugh if he saw this :rotfl:

I cannot believe how good those rims turned out and how good they look! And ya if I was you a drop and new headlights would be my next step.

·
;)
205 Posts
To Do List:

D2 coilover and camber kits.
Rear wiper delete.
New fog lights.
New shifter bushings.
Passenger side window motor.
Driver side door actuator.
Blue open ended, extended lugs.
Decklid.
Turbo?
I like how tame the list appears to be, and then a wild "turbo" appears. Do you have a picture of the trunk with the plugs? It looks a lot cleaner without the spoiler. What makes you choose D2 coilovers over other brands (just wondering)?

·
A Wild Female Appears!
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha that is funny, I would laugh if he saw this :rotfl:

I cannot believe how good those rims turned out and how good they look! And ya if I was you a drop and new headlights would be my next step.
Shadow would flip his shit haha.

Thanks, I'm really proud of the rims, it's the first time I've ever painted them. I used Rustoleum spray paint and went really light on my first like three coats and then a heavy final coat on both primer and paint. I think they would have turned out better had it been warmer, but considering I did them in November I was really pleased.

I definitely want new headlights, was looking at some different options, but we'll see what happens. Drop first.

·
A Wild Female Appears!
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like how tame the list appears to be, and then a wild "turbo" appears. Do you have a picture of the trunk with the plugs? It looks a lot cleaner without the spoiler. What makes you choose D2 coilovers over other brands (just wondering)?
I don't have a picture, but I can take one. It's not as clean as it could be obviously, the plugs look like four little black bumps on my hatch, but you've got to be up on it to see them. I'm thinking about painting the plugs with some touch up paint, but I don't know how well it'll stay on the plugs.

I like it a lot better without the spoiler, I'm thinking decklid, but I may end up deciding I want to keep it plain. We'll see.

I'm thinking D2's because their North American office is right down the street from me, so I can get them for dirt since it's local, and I know a lot of people around here who have them and I never hear anything bad about the D2s, just positive things.

Regarding the Turbo, I mean.. hey. I wanna go fast! ;)

·
shift into R for a Rocket
7,420 Posts

·
UA6
269 Posts
Why didn't you go to the Raleigh meet in December? :(

·
shift into R for a Rocket
7,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.