Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ignoring CEL's since 86'
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with the "turn signal mod".

I purchased depo projectors from a store. It came with a custom harness to convert since I have an 02 ep3.

This is a picture of the old turn signal connector (on the right) and the new one in my hand on the left.

This is a picture of the wires from the stock turn signal after the connector was taken off:

This is the connector I was sent to install the wires into (picture of both sides):

***NOTE- I AM HORRIBLE WITH WIRING AND ELECTRICAL. It is my father who is an electrician doing this.

What he told me was the new connector that I was given has no metal clips and I cannot terminate the wiring.

I then wrote to the company and told them just that (with this all still being over my head)

they write back:

"for a clean install, what you gonna have to do is de-pin the stock turn signal and re-pin it into the connector I supplied.

here is an idea of how to do it:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2876493 "

Soooo I forward that to pops and he says:

"the connector he did send you has no pins and does not match the cars connector so you can't use the original pins"

I sent that back to the company and waiting on reply.

If anyone has done this pleaseeeee help me out my cars is all apart and has been for a while now with this little dilemma.

Cliff notes: Cant get turn signal mod to work for 02 ep3 depo projector install. Im frustrated. The mets suck this year :mcry:

·
Registered
70 Posts
^^^ i dont understand what you were trying to do. The directions said you ONLY needed the connector if you had a 04/05 ep3.... It said to skip that step if you had a 02/03. Am I missing something here? I just got my depo's and did not put them in yet.

What I want to know, is where to get a "clear" or chrome bulb that flashes amber and what is the size I would want for the turn signal.

·
Registered
311 Posts
What he is trying to do is have his turn signals on all the time. I've seen it done but no DIY.
Here's a pic of what he wants to do. I dont think Danielsle did the mod but his picture shows it?

·
Registered
678 Posts
i did this to my car a long time ago. everyones always gotta copy my shit! lol jk jk...
go on ebay...buy a set of 7443 connector pigtails. they are the same as the stock 04-05 7440 plugs (im not sure about 02-03 models)
so i clipped my 7440 plugs and connected the 744s plugs to the same wires, and the third wire on the plug i tapped into my bumper marker..or top corner mini light on the depos...forget which one it was, but it doesnt matter.

the hardest part of this project was finding an amber 7443 bulb. usually 7443 bulbs are meant to be a white bulb so thats all you will come across in stores.

anyways, i love how my headlights look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts