Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find a good place to post this so Ill just do it here...

I can't really afford the 02 RSX.. so it is pretty much up to 98-00 Civic Si or a 98-01 Integra GSR..

So which would you get (please don't be biased upon the fact that your RSX is a integra)? Looks wise? Performance wise?

Thanks.

·
Billy Ball is in effect
7,013 Posts
SportinStyle said:
I couldn't find a good place to post this so Ill just do it here...

I can't really afford the 02 RSX.. so it is pretty much up to 98-00 Civic Si or a 98-01 Integra GSR..

So which would you get (please don't be biased upon the fact that your RSX is a integra)? Looks wise? Performance wise?

Thanks.
both can be made fast
looks wise...well an electric blue pearl 99 Si is a thing of beauty..if you cant find one of those get the geeser. i like the gsr's styling inside and out a lil better

the integra does respond better to bolt ons...but both engines are bseries beauties
i personally like hatches and their functionality so i would go with the geeser

plus the Si suffers from a very high theft rate

mind you these are unbiased opinions ( i drive an Ep)

·
got TEIN?
248 Posts
has nothing to do with it being an integra but, performance and looks concern....
i would go with the gsr...
the gsr motor is stronger than the si motor...
as far as looks go... i think the integra looks better!

·
EOS
1,749 Posts
I used to drive a 99 FBP Si, and it pissed me off that honda made it so easy to steal...so if you get either make sure that your first mod is a goddamn alarm. There's a bunch of dickless cowards that steal cars out there....

But if you ask me, I'd say go w/ the GSR. Both of their interiors are shitty if that's what your concerned about....But ya can't loose w/ that extra .2 ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get the Si(my s/n doesn't mean anything). I have two friends who have both a 98' GSR and an 00' Si. They are both very clean. As far as looks go... I would suggest an Si (EBP is amazing). As far as performance, if you are going N/A go GSR. If you are going F/I go Si (hint: Vortech Supercharger)! The interior on the GSR seems a little bit more old school to me and I like the Si even if it doesnt have leather seating(seems newer). Thats all I have to say.

·
..::Untouchables::..
644 Posts
GSR but I love the Si. You could find one for cheaper anyway. SO if money was a problem I would be happy with the Si.

·
_PiLF
11,861 Posts
F both of them. Get a DSM. Cheap and react to mods very well!

·
_PiLF
11,861 Posts
I too looked for a GSX but gave up. They're alot harder to come by. AWD is overrated in my opinion. Lol.

GSX = if you want to race from a stop
GST = if you want to race from a roll

GST isnt too bad, just get some slicks! And if you want a car that is the best bang for the buck and reacts to mods very well then get a DSM.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you wanna get the king, or former king, of sport compact racers get the Integra GSR. Why not throw in a couple more grand and get yourself a Type-R Integra?

·
riiiiiiight
2,405 Posts
jinrsx said:
If you wanna get the king, or former king, of sport compact racers get the Integra GSR. Why not throw in a couple more grand and get yourself a Type-R Integra?
Because the older Type-R's have an insanely high theft rate...I'm convinced you don't see many on the road not because they are rare but because they all got stolen...I was gonna get an older Type-R before I looked at the DC5 but that's what turned me off...

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
F a Honda and buy a DSM? :thumbsdow My stepbrother had a GSX with a few mods (16G turbo, exhaust, boost controller) and had all kinds of problems. He then bought another one and same deal. Now has a Turbo RX-7...good car.

back on topic:

I like the Electric Blue SI alot, but I would rather have an Integra. The GSR and Type R look better (IMO) inside and out. Expecially if you have the $$ to put the JDM front end on :drool: The DC5 is my fav however b/c with a few simple bolt ons and an ECU reflash, you're in low 14's. And I just love the way they look and drive. So much class inside and out. You get your $$ worth foshizzle.

6,327 Posts
2k2_nbp_egg said:
I used to drive a 99 FBP Si, and it pissed me off that honda made it so easy to steal...so if you get either make sure that your first mod is a goddamn alarm. There's a bunch of dickless cowards that steal cars out there....

But if you ask me, I'd say go w/ the GSR. Both of their interiors are shitty if that's what your concerned about....But ya can't loose w/ that extra .2 ;)
I hear ya amen,my past Si got stolen as well,and it was stock at that time,can you imagine that?oh well..get a teg GSR,more power,bigger displacement,more potent engine (b18c).

·
Registered
546 Posts
talyler said:
I like the Electric Blue SI alot, but I would rather have an Integra. The GSR and Type R look better (IMO) inside and out. Expecially if you have the $$ to put the JDM front end on :drool: The DC5 is my fav however b/c with a few simple bolt ons and an ECU reflash, you're in low 14's. And I just love the way they look and drive. So much class inside and out. You get your $$ worth foshizzle.
gotta agree, GSR with JDM look is tight.

W. :firemad:

·
zoom..........zoom...zoom
5,050 Posts
310DC5 said:
gotta agree, GSR with JDM look is tight.

W. :firemad:
the thing is that the teg just seems like an outdated car when i sit in it after my type s.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
GSR all the way!!! The SI is nice but it has about the same torque as an EX... Low end is pathetic on the SI and that reason alone should be enough to buy the GSR.. By far the better engine and nicer car, But then again this is just my opinion,
your the one that has to decide..
Adam

·
Westside GA crew member
6,150 Posts
or just have the best of both worlds either get a EK with a GSR swap or get the Si with a GSR IMO.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts