Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo what’s up everyone. I got a big concern. My engine gave out... (again lol). I have already paid someone to rebuild it once before (I spent way too much) and it ended up going to shit again. You can hear ticking or almost tapping near the engine and I've been driving like this for a while now (yes, I know that’s stupid lol, sue me, I’m broke and don’t got a choice). My CEL just popped up, I’m about 99.9% sure it’s an engine issue seeings as I can’t even go past 5000 RPMs without the engine begging me to stop and because you can hear the engine tapping. Sometimes inside the car you can hear metal on metal clapping pretty loudly and that shit scares me. I have since stopped driving her and have her parked where I live. I can’t do DIY’s since I live in an apartment and have no tools or space to even start taking her apart. My question is, should I rebuild it again (this time have a certified mechanic do it) or should I go with a used engine? I found a guy here in LA who has a great reputation for used engines. But I’m on the fence. He also has K24A’s but idk if it’ll fit my car with everything else stock. Need some help deciding, and soon too, I gotta bus it now to work and I don’t like it lol

·
Registered
630 Posts
easiest and best thing to do is find a used k20a2 and have someone swap it in. plug and play. Or, if you want to spend a bit more you can find a JDM K20a from a type and swap that in which is also plug and play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is your valve lash set to spec? Are your lost motion followers worn to a point of clattering? Is it a rattling sound or a metallic whacking noise?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is your valve lash set to spec? Are your lost motion followers worn to a point of clattering? Is it a rattling sound or a metallic whacking noise?
damn, the more you write the less I know 😂 but it was a rattling sound. I ended up taking it to a mechanic bc I don’t have the tools or space to work on it myself, plus it’s my only car so I needed her fixed ASAP.. turns out my catalytic converter was done and the vtecv valve (don’t know if that’s the correct name, so please correct me if I’m wrong) was also done for. On top of that, my fuel pump was leaking reaaal bad from the top of the pump and was pooling under my seats... that woulda been really bad in a crash. I’m finally getting her back tomorrow. Hopefully she’s ok now 😔

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yo what’s up everyone. I got a big concern. My engine gave out... (again lol). I have already paid someone to rebuild it once before (I spent way too much) and it ended up going to shit again. You can hear ticking or almost tapping near the engine and I've been driving like this for a while now (yes, I know that’s stupid lol, sue me, I’m broke and don’t got a choice). My CEL just popped up, I’m about 99.9% sure it’s an engine issue seeings as I can’t even go past 5000 RPMs without the engine begging me to stop and because you can hear the engine tapping. Sometimes inside the car you can hear metal on metal clapping pretty loudly and that shit scares me. I have since stopped driving her and have her parked where I live. I can’t do DIY’s since I live in an apartment and have no tools or space to even start taking her apart. My question is, should I rebuild it again (this time have a certified mechanic do it) or should I go with a used engine? I found a guy here in LA who has a great reputation for used engines. But I’m on the fence. He also has K24A’s but idk if it’ll fit my car with everything else stock. Need some help deciding, and soon too, I gotta bus it now to work and I don’t like it lol
So, just an update. Took her to a mechanic. Catalytic converter was done, the solenoid was also done and my fuel pump was leaking haaaaard. Anyways, I’m getting her back tomorrow, I hope she’s back to normal, I’ll find out once I redline her 😈😂 jk ama be nice at first and make sure she can handle it, I’ll update once I’ve driven the car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts