Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
engine may be able to be rebuilt. my diagnosis when i had it in the shop was a broken crank and possibly a bent rod. they never took the oil pan off the bottom, so im not sure exactly how they could tell besides some scoring on one of the pistons.

it appears the head is still in good shape and no bent valves.

i will try and get some pictures later on the engine and the scoring... other than that, crank is more than likely done, and its missing a few parts from when i picked it up from acura, but its just a few bolts and such.

please give an offer on a price...

like i said i will give pictures. its currently in two pieces right now, but selling BOTH together, not looking to sit on half an engine if i dont have to.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
also i am in southwest florida if that helps anyone down here (naples)

before i forget... engine had around 80k miles on it.

im not looking to make a bundle off the engine, just something worth it for both myself and the buyer.

most of the parts are in good working order...like i said the head it pretty much in good shape, just the block is where there are issues. shoot me a PM with any offers...and i'll try to get some pics up today or tomorrow

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
right now i only have pics of the head until i get the oil pan off the block and take lots of pics...need someone to help me move the beast around.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as a side note, im not looking for big bucks for offers, just want it out of my garage. so a decent offer should really be fine by me. trying to get it out of here within a couple weeks tops

·
RAGING MACHINE
1,138 Posts
How about $400 shipped to 40515??? Just LMK!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wont be able to get pics up for a few more days tropical storm is putting a DAMPer on things as you could imagine.

hopefully i should get pics up a few days after of the block.

·
Mr. Lott Stern
1,509 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im not parting out the engine if you read the original post...its the block and the head...i dont think the tensioner is part of the assembly anyways boss.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
decided to post a price... im looking at 850 shipped anywhere in the US.

the head is still working an operational just missing a few bolts, and once i can get pics of the block, i'll post them.

damn fay is putting things to a slight delay. i want to get this thing out of my garage asap.
if you want to offer something close to this price i may work something out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts