Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Past Driver’s Ed
562 Posts
I just got to looking at your pictures closer are you running the OEM fuel damper? If you are how come? I didn't think you needed it with an external fpr. And I was wondering where your valve cover breather hose is ran to?
Way back then I wasn’t sure how sensitive the fuel injectors would be at idle. I was just being on the cautious side during the tuning process. Most likely the fuel pulsation damper is not needed. Now that the fuel system has been well tested, I will see how it performs without it. Valve cover breather is routed to the CAI. With the PCV circuit still being utilized, the air from the valve cover seems pretty free of oil and the throttle body is still clean. Just like the OEM setup except how the hoses are routed. So overall the oil fumes under the hood are all captured and the engine still makes a lot of horsepower.

·
Registered
2003 Acura Rsx type s
31 Posts
Way back then I wasn’t sure how sensitive the fuel injectors would be at idle. I was just being on the cautious side during the tuning process. Most likely the fuel pulsation damper is not needed. Now that the fuel system has been well tested, I will see how it performs without it. Valve cover breather is routed to the CAI. With the PCV circuit still being utilized, the air from the valve cover seems pretty free of oil and the throttle body is still clean. Just like the OEM setup except how the hoses are routed. So overall the oil fumes under the hood are all captured and the engine still makes a lot of horsepower.
Did you remove the whole evap system as well?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts