Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay..i have an 03 rsx and have shared my problems

reason i'm posting 04s....well its current year models are the same as last years

anyway...has anyone driven both?

my biggest beef with the rsx is the
1) dash rattling...yes its happening again!
2) the ride was firm and is now getting worse and lets in alot of road noise

how does the accord stack up??

altho i'm posting this i already have 19k miles on my rsx so i'm a tad screwed if i go to trade in...but i just wanted to know how the ride was

when i was buying the fuckin sales rep wouldn't even let me drive the accord...so going to a dealer isn't an option right now

any input would be great...thanks

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
i drove the 03 v6 six speed one. i didnt really like the clutch and everything on it. i guess it was because it was brand new and had like 2 miles on it so i dunno. and its not as much fun to drive. i even 'drove it like i stole it' and its just not as exciting i suppose. when i did that to the Type S before i bought it, it was bad ass. i love the rsx type s, so i would rather stick with that. the accord is nice. i've made a post about them two racing (rsx S and the v6 coupe) and everyone said the coupe would beat us. (stock vs stock that is) it has 40 more hp and 70 more tourqe so ya. but if i were you, i would stick with the rsx. thats just my opinion though. hope that helps.

p.s. the only crappy thing about the rsx that i've experienced is the seats. the leather sucks and it starts to crack and what not. also, i've read on the board is that the way they were painted sucks too.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
duckywucky said:
a type-s or base?

i mean, this guy challanged me and even followed me to the highway so we can race.

he couldnt keep up once we got to the highway
if the rsx ride is to rough and you dont like the rattles, then its too sporty of a car for you and its time to move more towards a luxury car and not a luxury sporty car. so accord would be better for you for sure

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
silver RSX-S said:
if the rsx ride is to rough and you dont like the rattles, then its too sporty of a car for you and its time to move more towards a luxury car and not a luxury sporty car. so accord would be better for you for sure
probably right
i was expecting a bit more from an acura tho
the ride of the TL has some of the new quirks of the rsx tho...head snapping actions over some roads

and why does a 7 month old car...its not really a sports car...a tightly sprung civic...have to rattle

come on

·
OG Member
10,979 Posts
silver RSX-S said:

i think you quoted the wrong post? :dontknow:

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
duckywucky said:
a type-s or base?

i mean, this guy challanged me and even followed me to the highway so we can race.

he couldnt keep up once we got to the highway
This is not the RSX vs. All forum. This is the Vs. forum where we compare different parts, theories, and in this case, cars (crazy and I are considering amending the forum to exlude car comparisons due to too many RSX vs. All type threads ending up in our forum).

I will be more than happy to move this to RSX. vs. All, but I doubt that was the thread starter's intent. Please try to stay on topic. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
04 accord coupe ex v6 speed, the 240 hp one, runs mid to low 14's in the quarter. It also gains 10 hp and 10 ft/lbs of torque when run on premium gasoline. It will take a stock type S easily. This is not a rumor, it's fact.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pints99 said:
04 accord coupe ex v6 speed, the 240 hp one, runs mid to low 14's in the quarter. It also gains 10 hp and 10 ft/lbs of torque when run on premium gasoline. It will take a stock type S easily. This is not a rumor, it's fact.

to RSX. vs. All, but I doubt that was the thread starter's intent(quote)

um...me being the thread starter...yea this wasn't at all my intent...i was just thinking ride quality...esp after 20k miles...road noise...whatever i wrote

definitely not a whats faster in the 1/4

altho...thanks everyone for their responses
i'm guessing i'm just going to live with the rattle...and take the good with the bad...when hurrying the car up in SS mode its alot of fun

oh btw guys i have an auto with cloth...so leather was a non issue...i tested a car with leather...yea the leather on the rsx suuuucks
the leather on the accord is much nicer

·
OG Member
10,979 Posts
EternalBlue said:
This is not the RSX vs. All forum. This is the Vs. forum where we compare different parts, theories, and in this case, cars (crazy and I are considering amending the forum to exlude car comparisons due to too many RSX vs. All type threads ending up in our forum).

I will be more than happy to move this to RSX. vs. All, but I doubt that was the thread starter's intent. Please try to stay on topic. Thanks.
i didnt even notice.... my bad

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
RSX hands down :laughing: ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm trying to decide between an '04 NBP Accord Coupe V6 auto or a '05 RSX base 5 speed. Pros & Cons---Accord has more options, room, and power--RSX is much better looking, handles better, gets better MPG (27to33 compared to 20to30), and is about $4,000 less. What do you all think I should do? (Many apologies for perhaps being in the wrong thread-I don't know know how to start a new one!)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think accord would be a better daily driver. I was actually in same situation. I've always loved rsx. But after test driving an accord v6, it was a little different choices for me. I think ride is much smoother in accord and of course bigger. I think rsx would be much better in handling or maybe for future modifications. I think stock vs stock , accord is better. Whoever said rsx-s is faster than accord, I think you're comparing accord 4cyl. vs rsx-s. Even accord v6 auto will beat rsx-s in straight or quarter miles. handilng or mod wise.. i think rsx would be better? Accord v6 6speed is pretty damn fast. You gonna need hondata, intake, even exhaust to race one with only an intake. There are many av6 with aem cai running LOW 14.
and of course.. there is also a huge price difference. I think rsx is about 23k, and accord is 27k... with your 19000 miles on it.. I think you gonna have to get few more extra grands to get one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts