Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day folks. I'm in the process of attempting to replace the PCV valve on my daughter's car but it looks like I'll have to remove the IMRC to be able to remove it due to clearance.. Do please let me know if I have the correct item in sight as I do not see any other connections and or anything else that looks like the PCV valve.
Do please let me know that I'm on the right pat and will need to remove items in order to be able to put a socket on it. As in the past,m thanks for your support.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just replaced mines today. Getting it off was easy but tightening it was the hard part. I tightened it as much as i could but that IMRC sensor is in the way. It's such a tight fit the 17mm deep socket does not sit square on the nut portion of the PCV. I tightened it and thought i heard a little crack.😬 So I stopped and didn't go any further. I didn't see any damage to the plastic sensor, so I hope it's okay. I just know it's tight but I did not tighten it enough to crush the washer. I'll just keep an eye on it but if it bugs me I might just remove parts (either the IM or P/S pump) to see if I can get a wrench or fully seat a deep socket on it. The car drives fine and no CEL yet so I think I'm good lol. Annoying thing is the work shop manual says nothing about IM or P/S pump removal to do the job. Go figure 🙄😆

1 - 4 of 4 Posts