Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be worth the hassle of cutting through my bumper and wiring up fog lights for my 04 rsx base? I heard it's bad to but I already have a kicker 12 and HID balysts/converters wired up. How difficult is it to wire everything for fog lights?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
13 Posts
there are some kits that are direct plug and play. the hardest part is cutting into your bumper, and finding the right templates at that. as brutal said above. as far as its worth. that's up to you. personally I like the look, but I also live where it gets foggy

·
Registered
76 Posts
BTW my kit is off amazon. Comes with a aftermarket wiring kit, relay, switch and all the necessary stuff to make them work. One side ( fog light side) wires to the battery positive and negative or a chassis ground. Then the switch side has the plug for the switch in the oem location with the relay and another power and ground. Power splices into a positive wire that comes on with ignition and the negative is another chassis ground. Super simple i believe the kit was 68-75 bucks on amazon. Also has the tougher lense so rocks don’t bust glass to shit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh shit and off the battery + there’s an inline fuse too so if it pushes too much power it pops it. Lol my bad

·
Super Moderator
23,685 Posts
the ebay kits are junk, but you can use the parts to wire them in easily.
The switch probably won't even fit and if it does works like crap.
I wired mine right into the headlight switch so they came on with daytime running lights.
I loved that

I think the RSX looks great with fogs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts