Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked around the forum, haven't found a solution for this problem specifically yet. Basically, any time I fill my car up with any amount of gas, my car refuses to stay started. At first, it will start right up but instantly die. Then it has problems cranking over and starting again. I have to pump the gas (I know, it's bad to do) to get it to start, then hold my foot on the accelerator for 30-60 seconds at 1.5k-2k rpm to prevent it from stalling, then after that it drives fine and will start until I fill up again. This doesn't happen any other time unless I am lower than an 8th tank of gas, which my car will have trouble starting. This is happening on an 04 base automatic, and I always prime my fuel pump before ever starting my car. (I hear the bzzz for 2 seconds, that's why I think it's not my fuel pump).

Obviously this is quite embarrassing at the pumps, the best thing I can think of is I have an evap leak somewhere. It's not from the gas cap, as it hisses when I take the cap off. Any tips or any similar stories would be helpful, thank you.

·
My torque is low like
12,937 Posts
why not just change your fuel pump? It sounds pretty obvious to me that it's the problem here.

Fuel pumps are cheap and easy to change.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts