Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Speedooo
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this in March off of a friend after selling my 94 Cx...

Day 1

How it sits now...winter wheels 16x7 slips w/ 225/50 michelin pilot all season

Short clip...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJkY7-F4Yzw

It's more or less just a dd that I drive to work everyday, it gets great gas mileage, ride pretty decent and has more than enough power to get me around.

My old cars just for shiggles

·
Speedooo
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks...

K20a2 motor/trans
Kpro
Comp stage 2 clutch
Fidanza 11lb flywheel
Innovative 55a mounts
3" intake w/ conical filter
DC race header
3" kteller piping w/ ultra quiet resonator
Buddy Club shifter
Function/Form type 2 coilovers
Poly bushings in the front
HFP front lip/side skirts
VIS carbon ctr style wing
CTR cluster

·
Banned
184 Posts
vivid blue pearl

excellent buy! be a leader,not a follower. u have ur own choice and decisions. holla!

·
Speedooo
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clean ride and nice mods, Welcome to the club.
Thanks

sweet car. how much fender roll/ camber are you running to clear the fenders?
Fronts are at -1*, no rolling and I have fender liners. Rears are at -3.8* no rolling. I was going to roll the rears to run less camber but I decided against messing with the body.

excellent buy! be a leader,not a follower. u have ur own choice and decisions. holla!
Thanks I guess lol

Here's a better picture I took last week. I think the only thing I'm doing to the outside is painting this wing or buying a paint matched wing.

·
Registered
548 Posts
3.8* camber should be fun in the winter. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Either way, the car looks great! Any tint or rear lip in your future?

·
Speedooo
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely no tint, I've never been big on that. I like the look of the skirts with no lip but if I ever get hfp skirts or ctr skirts I will get a rear lip.

·
Speedooo
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought it swapped; that's the only reason I bought it lol I was looking for an rsx-s but this is basically the same thing except it's lighter and the insurance is much cheaper.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I bought it swapped; that's the only reason I bought it lol I was looking for an rsx-s but this is basically the same thing except it's lighter and the insurance is much cheaper.
thats the shit man, i would take an a2'd ep over a type s anyday and it has k pro.
and its clean as fuck :thumbsup:

·
Speedooo
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks! The kpro was a big selling point although it could use a retune. From what I've been told it was tuned at church with a 2" cai and a 60mm Greddy Spectrum Elite so with the 3" exhaust and intake it breaks up a little between 2k-3k which tends to get annoying around town. I'm going to get an rbcmanifold and a new header over the winter and get a retune in the spring with my tax return.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Thanks! The kpro was a big selling point although it could use a retune. From what I've been told it was tuned at church with a 2" cai and a 60mm Greddy Spectrum Elite so with the 3" exhaust and intake it breaks up a little between 2k-3k which tends to get annoying around town. I'm going to get an rbcmanifold and a new header over the winter and get a retune in the spring with my tax return.
that sounds liek a good plan. it sounds liek you got it for a good deal. what was dont to your red hatch? it looked good.

·
Speedooo
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That poor car was stolen, stripped and rebuilt. It had 4 motors, probably 15 transmissions lol when I sold it I had an ls with a gsr trans, innovative mounts, Omni coilovers, energy bushings, eg6 front seats, Rsr gt2 exhaust, brand new front hub bearings/ball joints/inner and outter tie rods and a new manual rack, si front brakes and ls rear disk.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
That poor car was stolen, stripped and rebuilt. It had 4 motors, probably 15 transmissions lol when I sold it I had an ls with a gsr trans, innovative mounts, Omni coilovers, energy bushings, eg6 front seats, Rsr gt2 exhaust, brand new front hub bearings/ball joints/inner and outter tie rods and a new manual rack, si front brakes and ls rear disk.
LOL holy shit, i bet that car had good stories lol

·
Speedooo
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You have NO idea! My uncle bought it brand new in March '94, I bought it in May of '04 right after my 15th birthday. This is the first picture I have of right after Christmas '04 putting an aem cai on:

Summer '05:

I had a Beak's tie bar in 2005 when I only had a driver's permit

After I got my license I threw in a d16y7 from my stepsister's wrecked 97 dx hatch. It was automatic w/ 76k on the odo, fresh tbelt/waterpump, d16z6 trans w/ an exedy clutch, some new axles, hedman header, catco high flow cat, dnx midpipe to some random n1 axle back running off of an ls p75 ecu. The motor was great, unfortunately I rocked the trans in about 5 weeks, ruined the replacement d16y8 trans w/in 4 months, the next trans I bought was beat to begin with, I finally got my hands on a rebuilt d16z6 trans from a good friend in August 2007. Unfortunately the car was stolen October 24, 2007 during my freshman at Stock College. These pictures were taken 2 days prior to the theft:

That ended terribly:

So I bought this POS:

Turned into this:

That coupe was a massive piece of shit so I redid the hatch with a d16y8 swap, si front brakes, ls rear disk, energy bushings etc... I accidently put green slips on it

That y8 was a beast, I ran a best of 14.9 with a socketed p28 running a xenocron basemap with a 7800 fuel cut. Unfortunately they dont like 8k revs and it blew up. In went a b18a1 w/ a gsr trans.

Snagged some chromed work ewings

Unfortunately at some point the headgasket went and compression was 180-180-160-90 lol and the car needed front hub bearings and ball joints desperately. So I did all that, did a little bit of wire tucking but in the end said "fuck it", put it up for sale, my friend bought it with no wheels and stock exhaust for $2k and I bought the ep3 a week later.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts