Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 RSX Type S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I was droving through town and, as I was coming up to a light to turn, I rev matched to second (as one would do) and my clutch pedal (not the clutch itself) made a loud pop when it was fully depressed, and it stuck to the flood. This happened about a week ago, but it fixed itself immediately when I pulled the pedal up with my foot, going back to normal. I tried again this second time, but there was no change. Luckily, I had enough momentum to coast into a nearby parking area. My clutch fluid was low so I topped it off, but this did nothing even after many pumps of the pedal. My brake also feels stiff and isn’t able to be pressed down all the way.

Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would check for a kink in the hydraulic fluid line under the brake and clutch fluid reservoirs. Both of the reservoirs are near each other on the right side of your engine near the firewall. Something must have hit both of them and they are bent. So the Hydraulic fluid that operates your clutch is not being disrupted by a kink or bend in the line and the same thing for the brake fluid. The damage would be near the reservoirs follow the hydraulic fluid line to the master cylinder then follow the line coming out the firewall to the clutch slave cylinder that line I know is metal. The issue is probably before the master cylinder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So last night I was droving through town and, as I was coming up to a light to turn, I rev matched to second (as one would do) and my clutch pedal (not the clutch itself) made a loud pop when it was fully depressed, and it stuck to the flood. This happened about a week ago, but it fixed itself immediately when I pulled the pedal up with my foot, going back to normal. I tried again this second time, but there was no change. Luckily, I had enough momentum to coast into a nearby parking area. My clutch fluid was low so I topped it off, but this did nothing even after many pumps of the pedal. My brake also feels stiff and isn’t able to be pressed down all the way.

if there was no damage or interference in the design of the mechanism, then most likely the natural wear of the clutch slave cylinder. although it is possible that the clutch basket itself is dying, or rather its petals

·
Registered
2004 RSX Type S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Ended up figuring it out. Upon inspection of the CMC, I noticed that one of the 3 bolts on the triangular plate of the CMC was missing. I took the CMC out only to see that the head of the bolt has snapped off, sending fluid shooting out of the master cylinder whenever the clutch pedal is pressed. I decided to order a new master cylinder but decided to take apart the broken one to try to figure out what made this occur. The only abnormal thing I noticed was a small amount of gunk on the internals (most likely from ~130k miles of use), and a small rip on the rubber gasket. CMC arrived and, with multiple both physical and emotional injuries, I got it reinstalled and had my gf help me bleed the slave and, although it worked, the clutch feels heavier and there's about an inch of slack in the pedal before I actually feel pressure. This is possibly from me having ADHD and being very impatient; I'll be re-bleeding the system soon.

Thank you for the responses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts