Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a guy that wants to trade his s2k for my rsx. his car has a salvage title, color is yellow 49,000 miles for my 04 type s with 51,000 miles and clean title. should i do it?

·
Ehhhh......
9,102 Posts
^Agreed. Unless you can get it checked out, its spotty at best. Also keep in mind that if you ever plan to sell the S2k that you will have to worry about the salvage history as well.

·
iVtec Do You?
1,205 Posts
If its been in a total loss accident you never know the quality of the body work/ frame work. Things never usally line up properly or as good as before. If I had a clean titled car I would definatly not trade it for a salvage title.

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
The only time that I would buy an s2K salvage, is when they salvage it out it cause the seats where stolen out of it thats it.

·
[Insert Title]
2,870 Posts
The only time that I would buy an s2K salvage, is when they salvage it out it cause the seats where stolen out of it thats it.
Agreed. Its not a good trade if the S2k was salvaged from a collision. There could be many problems with the frameworks. It also worst in an S2k because the vehicle stability system is very sensitive which can trigger other problems later on.

I bought a salvaged S2k before. Biggest mistake that I've made in buying cars :noes:

·
9,306 Posts
dont do it

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
If it's stolen seats...or to a stretch, theft then sure, otherwise hell no. Stolen seats can total the car, however IDK if it will be salvage.
Like others said, there's no guarantee that the bodywork is good, and the other thing to consider is that if the car was damaged enough, it could affect the driving dynamics of the car, and obviously that's something you'd want intact if you are shopping for a car like this, and no amount of time in the body shop is going to fix that.

And 11k isn't that great of a price for a salvage AP2. I'd rather have a clean AP1 at that price.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wouldn't mind a salvage title on an older beater, but not on a performance car meant for fun and/or anything where you might look for resale.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know this is an older thread BUT, salvage could be good or bad.. Like people mentioned, totaledbecause the seats were stolen, or stripped. But totaled in a collision, well all depends on who did the bodywork. Now first things first, if the car was totaled, fixed, inspected and is currently registered, well al that needs to be done is register it. BUT if it was fixed and hasnt gone thru inspection well thats where you have to be carefull. You need 2 VERY VERY important things. Pictures and receipts. If you dont have these FORGET IT. You need before, in the process and after pics. You need receipts for every single part. Every state is different on how to inspect and register a salvaged car. Me personally, have fixed, had inspected registered and sold many salvage vehicles and the only comebacks I had were to buy more cars from me. Right now, I am in the process o cutting the rear clip off my Del Sol and welding in the rear transtop clip. Then doing the RHD conversion. I am doing it the proper way. Completly removing the frame rails, firewall etc. Yes it takes alot longer, BUT is better in the long run. Im sorry if this thread is old, but just signed up to this forum last night. I just hope my info is somewhat helpful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts