Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,034 Posts
Hmm so earlier today I replaced my tps and my iacv with new gaskets and the car was fine for an hour or so of driving, but now the issue has come back. Putting my hand over the port in the tb does make the idle drop to 700, so i believe it still has to do with the iacv. I tried the idle relearn procedure, but now the car seems to idle roughly at 2k with occasional dips to around 1k. I dont know if maybe its the throttle cables at this point? Obd is showing throttle percent at 9.8 when closed if that means anything.
TPS needs to be calibrated.

·
Super Moderator
2,034 Posts
Hmm ok I'll c

just checked tps calibration, showing .478 when closed. Acuity's instructions say to calibrate between .48-.49 however elsewhere online says to calibrate to .45 so im unsure which way to move it. I also tried checking for vacuum leaks by covering up the port on the tb completely with the intake off and the car dipped to around 1k ish but didn't die so now i don't know if the issue is maybe a vac leak?
I would follow Acuity's instructions unless a thread on here has mentioned otherwise. Was the IACV spinning freely when you installed it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts