Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a difference between a 05/06 type S headlight and a Base model 05/06 headlight?

need answer asap!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you sure? because i have basemodel and my stock headlight has an orange light inside it, i found a type S headlight on ebay and it is all chrome with no orange inside it.

·
Firefighter/Paramedic
8,720 Posts
no, there is no difference. the reason the lights on ebay look different is because they are shitty ebay lights.

No difference at all.

/thread.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
The stock 05-06 headlights are exactly the same on the base and type S

keyword is stock, there are aftermakret versions out there that might look different.

·
If they're OEM lights then it's the same.....the only thing that might be different is that the Canadian headlight is a bit different than the US, where the US has a clear lens cover for the turn-signal but Canadians don't.
:iamwiths:
And I'm not 100% sure but I think there was a recall on the headlights without the orange reflector on the outer corner. Due to the design of the lights with clear corner lenses, the sides of the RSX are supposely left vunerable to "not being seen." Unless of course you get the sidemarkers :D

·
Elite
7,105 Posts
:iamwiths:
And I'm not 100% sure but I think there was a recall on the headlights without the orange reflector on the outer corner. Due to the design of the lights with clear corner lenses, the sides of the RSX are supposely left vunerable to "not being seen." Unless of course you get the sidemarkers :D
the stupid fucking turn signal should have been housed inside the reflector to begin with or our cars should have had TSX mirror mounted turn signals. i hate how honda took cut costs with the RSX.

·
Sure don't...
9,223 Posts
the stupid fucking turn signal should have been housed inside the reflector to begin with or our cars should have had TSX mirror mounted turn signals. i hate how honda took cut costs with the RSX.
thats what happens when you buy the bottom model

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So Will Anyhting Be Noticeable If I Have One Type S Headlight And 1 Base Rsx Headlight?

Please Let Me Know

Thanks

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
^ no....no difference at all

rsx headlights are the same regardless of model (doesn't matter if it's base or type-s)

the only thing that matters is the year range. 02-04 headlights are the same, and 05-06 headlights are the same

so if you have an 05-06 headlight, you'll just need to find another 05-06 headlight

·
So Will Anyhting Be Noticeable If I Have One Type S Headlight And 1 Base Rsx Headlight?

Please Let Me Know

Thanks
Unless you put a type S badge on the lights...no

1 - 20 of 20 Posts