Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to do any work to try to get the 05-06 cwest bumper on ?
The bumper has about half an inch gap but seems like I'm missing a step to install it ..
any suggestions would help :)

·
エアロキット&#
5,669 Posts
yep, unscrew those black plastic things and push them out from the back of the fender. There should be two screws that hold them on.

Then the bumper will sit flush and then put the screw in for the bumper.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm thinking about getting one of these. Eager to see if you are able to figure it out. I imagine I'll run into some issues similar.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, unscrew those black plastic things and push them out from the back of the fender. There should be two screws that hold them on.

Then the bumper will sit flush and then put the screw in for the bumper.
It's so sad if this works because not even the body shop I took it too could figure this out ... and they do jdm conversions and all of that.

·
エアロキット&#
5,669 Posts
It's so sad if this works because not even the body shop I took it too could figure this out ... and they do jdm conversions and all of that.
Its just a known thing among those who own a dc5, over the years we just figured out that most aftermarket bumpers aren't designed to clip in on the sides. The fiberglass is usually too thick to fit.

So removing it just makes it much easier, and you just hold it in with the one screw on each side.

Of course there are exceptions, some authentic bumpers have the clips. But overall removing those pieces just make it easier.

You could try to modify the bumper to work with it if you want, you would need to sand the material to an even thickness and add the 3 or 4 rectangular slots for it to clip into those brackets. A dremel with different bits would work.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its just a known thing among those who own a dc5, over the years we just figured out that most aftermarket bumpers aren't designed to clip in on the sides. The fiberglass is usually too thick to fit.

So removing it just makes it much easier, and you just hold it in with the one screw on each side.

Of course there are exceptions, some authentic bumpers have the clips. But overall removing those pieces just make it easier.

You could try to modify the bumper to work with it if you want, you would need to sand the material to an even thickness and add the 3 or 4 rectangular slots for it to clip into those brackets. A dremel with different bits would work.
I'm just guessing it would be easier to take off those bumper clips and actually drilling the screw into the fender?
I get the car back Monday so if you think this is best I will try it, my first thought was that the bumper was a defective job and needed to just be replaced..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^

yes, that is how you need to do it.
Thank you so much, exactly what was needed for it to fit. If anyone has problems like this and decided to search it, this is the method to fit a cwest VIS replica bumper :)! Worked perfect and bumper sits flush

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thank you so much, exactly what was needed for it to fit. If anyone has problems like this and decided to search it, this is the method to fit a cwest VIS replica bumper :)! Worked perfect and bumper sits flush
Thinking of buying the VIS rep, any pics of the final fitment??

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's cool. I actually have the ED version and haven't even attempted to install yet. I've never done one before so I'm a little hesitant. Especially now that I have a lot of people telling me that ED is crap.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts