Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 type s I'm installing the 05-06 OEM JDM Type R HIDs on.
I have the pig tails for the ballasts from jdmland.
Each side has 5 cables per headlight on the stock Type S (as far as I can tell since the car was crashed and I had to figure out what the cables pertain to).
I connected 3/5 cables to the JDM housing just fine but I have two cables left on each side.
I know one goes to the ballast via the pigtails and the other is for a corner light but theres no socket for a fifth bulb on the JDM housing. Its been mentioned that you have to cut out the template hole thats on the housing to put that bulb in but I don't know if thats true/the best way and I don't want to ruin the housing.

I have searched and gone through nearly every HID thread and haven't found much in terms of a thorough 05-06 JDM HID conversion. If someone can please point me in the right direction and close this post if its been thoroughly covered before I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
those top turn signal connectors in JDM DC5's go to the fender for side markers. JDM lights do not use the USDM Turn signal markers in the front head lights. And fun fact... they don't use them in the back lights either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any good DIYs? Ive seen some people run different fuses besides the OEM rated ones. Id rather not fry my harness if this is indeed how you're supposed to install them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone have any good DIYs? Ive seen some people run different fuses besides the OEM rated ones. Id rather not fry my harness if this is indeed how you're supposed to install them.
Any updates on your installation? I just received a pair of JDM 05-06 headlights and I have a couple questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts