Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I installed a race header and did the race header flash a few years ago. I have since moved to California and replaced the race header with the stock header and catalytic converter. I got all the monitors to set except for the catalyst efficiency monitor, and I'm wondering whether the flash is suppressing or preventing the test from occurring.

I've driven about 600 miles in various conditions, completed countless drive cycles, and don't really know what to do. I get CEL before I swapped the race header out, so after I put the stock header/CC on, I replaced the primary. Today I changed the secondary, drove around like 75 miles, and the catalyst monitor did not clear. Pulled the ECU fuse and now have to clear the EGR and catalyst monitor... but I'm suspicious that the flash did something...

If it is indeed the flash, is it even worth trying to save it? I could buy another ECU off ebay and have it bound to my key/immobilizer, but I suspect that when they bind the ECU to another key/immobilizer, it'll wipe the flash, so I won't really be able to transfer it to anyone? Thoughts?

Also, not sure if this is the right forum. "ECU tuning" sounded a bit more like flashpro though...

Thanks!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Email Hondata to ask if putting back the stock catalytic converter could cause these codes that you are getting. If so ask them about Cali solutions for smog as well. I think you can get another stock ECU and have it paired to your car. The reflash ECU won't be unpaired but double check me on this. Another solution is to put your reflashed ECU back to stock which Hondata can do.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,203 Posts
Hmm. Interesting. I have the same reflash, but in Ohio, it works. I thought that it "removes" the code, not "nullifies" it altogether. Actually now that you mention it, on Torque Lite it does give me an odd cat conv status, like "unknown" as opposed to "ready/ok."

If you're not going to run a race header anymore anyway, what I would do is see if they can reflash it to the intake-only reflash (like in your link) for the same fee to return it back to stock (instead of the upgrade fee :thumbsup:). Never know until you ask :p

Or you could sell it for bookoo bucks because in other places it's desirable and unobtainable... ! (it was discontinued because it could be perceived as an emissions test defeat mechanism)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts