Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive searched through the all motor dyno sheets and cant find one with a afr monitor. I was wondering if it would still be dangerously lean with i/rh and stock exhaust? I ask this because a friend of mine had these mods and his afr's were in the low 13's which I know is running a little lean but not higher 13's like most I see with full bolt on's.

·
Tennis Physicist.
7,446 Posts
Hmmm...makes me curious as well.
My setup right now is the '06 Type-S Stock exhaust/DC Race Header/Injen CAI.
I am saving up for a K-Pro, but have contemplated a Reflash as well. I wonder how lean you would run with the CAI/RH/Stock Exhaust combo as well.
In for some responses...

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
i think i may just give it a shot and see what happens. I will get the reflash and see how that is for a while then I will just get a race header slap it on the stock exhaust and see how it turns out.

I do not plan to keep my car forever and i do not get on it all the time. I also think i will research around to see if there is a particular header that leans out less then others. i dunno. but i know i cant afford kpro and dont want the issues that come along with it for the 05-06 models. plus i do not see a need for it because i just dont plan to get any more extensive then basic bolt ons.

i cant understand why hondata cant just do a basic safe I/RH/E reflash. i know there are too many combos out there but if they just took the most common and made it on the safe side i think they would sell the shit out of them. But then they would not have people buying kpro just to do a simple header. Oh well.

·
Registered
598 Posts
i don't understand, why is this bad? is it safer to run just a reflash and a cai on stock exhaust and header?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on 05-06 rh and flash runs pretty lean but i cant find dyno sheets with a stock exhaust which would be more restrictive than an aftermarket. Thats why I was wondering this but i'll just get raped on the price and buy kpro to be safe since no one is sure.

·
Tennis Physicist.
7,446 Posts
I found this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQLtIGGyK_w
He is an '06 with I/RH/E/Reflash and it sounds mean. I really wish that the '05-'06 models didn't run lean with the RH and Reflash combo. I mean yeah, all in all, a K-Pro is the way to go, but there are the few guys who don't want to mod out extensively.

I've searched around, and people say that the RH outperforms the Reflash hands down.
In the videos that I've seen, it looks to me that the Reflash pulls a little bit harder.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A reflash and RH will run lean no matter what year rsx. Reflash changes the fuel maps so it doesnt matter if it was running rich before. Some people do it anyway and have no problems. Its a personal choice but you will gain more with kpro/RH then with a reflash/RH.

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
I ran the reflash with a RH and stock exhaust on the 05 for a year. My A/F hit mid 15's at WOT right after vtec engagment.

That is lean.

·
Banned
31,438 Posts
RH does outperform a reflash, in a race

i would be 1/2 car up on my friend, then going into 4/5th he comes about 1 car ahead of me

both i/e-06 me reflash, him rh

·
Tennis Physicist.
7,446 Posts
RH does outperform a reflash, in a race

i would be 1/2 car up on my friend, then going into 4/5th he comes about 1 car ahead of me

both i/e-06 me reflash, him rh
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks :thumbsup:
I have decided to keep my DCRH and save up for K-Pro...probably upgrade to a better header though.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Would an RBC IM and IMG help at all or make it worse? (with I/rh/e/reflash on an 05+)

·
Tennis Physicist.
7,446 Posts
Would an RBC IM and IMG help at all or make it worse? (with I/rh/e/reflash on an 05+)
You need a K-Pro for the RBC IM to work for the 05-06's. With a tune, you would make some good power!

Also, just installed my GReddy Ti-C yesterday. The difference is noticeable and the sounds is dope. Before, I had my DCRH mated to my stock exhaust...you can tell there is a difference;)

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Of course it would make it worse.

You don't want to run the reflash with a RH. There is too much airflow for the fuel settings.

How would adding more air make it better........:face:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts