Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i really needed to change literally all my front suspension bushings, ball joints, inner and outer tie rods all of it minus the rack. (At least that i know of at the moment)

went to oreilly and special order everything Gets here i tear one side down and sure start at the ball joint stock was 1.6930” diameter and 3” from lip that stops the joint from being pressed in too much and the oreilly part was 1.5820”. So i said the hell it supposedly fit the 05/06. (Not knowing about the suspension haven’t did any research) went to every auto part store that had some in stock. Every single one was the same size as oreilly ones. The only thing i know of right now is the energy suspension bushings i bought fit.

in a bit I’m going to see if the inner/outer tie rods are the same but I’m not too optimistic about it. Lol i just couldn’t afford the good stuff like the ktuned tie rod kit, or any of those expensive ball joints so tried to just get some to be able to drive the car. From Honda all they sell is the entire knuckle with the ball joint in it and it’s bank as well. Lol

When i get back to the shop I’m gonna pop off one of the tie rods to see if they are the same or not but I’ve already decided if they do or not I’m just going the ktuned route. No point in buying other dope suspension parts and leave the tie rods somewhat oem lol

anyone know of any others that fit?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard Race has direct replacement ball joints that fit 05-06 rsx's
yeah I’ve seen them. I’m really tempted to get those and the hard race hardened tie rod kit as well. But i can’t find the tie rods in the USA. All i keep finding is them in the UK and Europe lol the tie rod kit is only like 135 with ends as well. But i also have to replace the control arm now. Found that mines been cracked and re-welded back together so that’s a definite no bueno on my build. I’m shooting for 600-750hp with my turbo kit so i wanna make sure the front suspension can hold it down on a launch lol

also found an AC Delco ball joint that fits (off a prelude i believe) but I’m kinda iffy on that one. Shitty part is everything is all having to be ordered and now thanksgiving. lol i picked the worst week to take that thing apart lmao

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oOo...yeah, you might as well go with the ktuned tie complete tie rods both inner and outer I'd say
Yeah that’s the route I’m gonna go. I wish they had a Black Friday sale lol

If i wasn’t in a hurry to get it back together I’d so buy the hardened hard race tie rods and the extended ball joint. It would be way cheaper lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts