Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha this is my first DC5 n it’s been an achievement for me to have one it’s in great condition with no cel and I did a climate control diagnostic test and no codes but my cars ac won’t power on I have new relays for everything clutch and condenser I ran a multimeter to the car side of the condenser and no V whatsoever fuses are fine and everything is running can anyone help me please figure out where I need to check next I have been looking for links but so far what I’m seeing my problem so far is unique thank you for your time

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sup did you confirm there is no leak in the ac system? These cars have had instances where a rock could hit you on the freeway and create a small crack in the ac hose down where the air dam is in the lower front bumper. Also when the AC powers on for this car and the AC knob illuminates green, you will hear a click sound and the RPMs will drop a bit right away.
Is it possible some wiring could have been damaged? Reminds me of when my friend's Scion tC got her ac electrical wire chewed by rats since she always left her car outside; they chew up and take wiring to make their nests in the winter...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m going with wiring because I can jump the compressor and condenser but it’s won’t engage on their own . The button lights up when I press the ac button but no fan or compressor kicking I have everything I need to fill it do I have to have the car running and kick on the compressor to fill or is there a procedure I’m not 100% sure there’s now coolant yet only because because nothing has power I just purchased the car but yes no click or power on only heater fan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts