Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after installing a wideband o2 unit earlier(plx-300) went for a short drive and it drove fine, sprayed a little bit( 100 wet shot) came home and was talkign to a friend who was at my house.. well after about 3 minutes of idling the car just shut off. tried to restart it and no luck. checked the compression, it was even across all 4 cylinders, and the plugs looked a lil dirty so swapped them for some new ones. well still wouldnt start. pulled battery cable off and tried again , no luck, pulled the fuses behind the glove box and it started, ran for about 3 minutes then died again. now the green key light on the gauge cluster is flashing, and it wont start.. and the relays behind the dash keep clocking erratically. and the rtelays will click and the c/e light will turn on , and they will click again and they will go off.. any ideas? its gona rain tommorow and i dont wana ride my bike in the rain:(

·
Registered
366 Posts
F*** that sucks bro keep us posted on whats up.

·
Certified Increadible
2,459 Posts
how is your battery? low voltage can make some strange problems with the lights and relay clicks, if its fine, check fuel pump...run direct voltage to it, see if it runs, if so check the relays, check the coil packs, any cels? get them read, you can ususally rent a obdII code scan from autozone or any other part stores...also what other mods... must be something to spray 100 shot

·
Point and Shoot?
2,493 Posts
That wideband o2 may be bad and sending a signal to your computer thats making it shut off, and when you sprayed it got the exhaust really really hot makeing it shut off when you let it idle

·
Evo IX
510 Posts
i didnt think you could use a wideband 02 hooked to the ecu ?? might be wrong i have a aem wide band but that doesnt do anything with the ecu... good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
added grounds to the block from the battery, voltage is good, no weird noises when spraying, will try on the c/e light tommrow.. only other mods besides spray is i/h/e it has fuel pressure, just no spark.. compression is good.. and the wideband unit is a standalone unit, nothign to do with the ecu. the problem was intermitent before the widenband install . taking off the spray and putting it back to stock woudl stil nto sole the fact that it doesnt have any spark, and i doubt all 4 coil packs woudl die at the same time .. anyone have a wirign schematic of the engine/ecu harness? or a fsm?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts