Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
2005 RSX type s
342 Posts
YEs, very bumpy and noisy

hey Boms!

I own a 2005 RSX-S and yes the ride is quite bumpy and very noisy compare to a Honda Civic. I understand that its an Acura RSX-s but why not built a sport tune car with comfort? But thats just my opinion. I guess Acura just want a sport car.
I also read an article that the NEW Civic 2006 SI with the RSX-s engine it will produce at 197 horse power BUT!!! it has a comment that "This car will outperform the RSX-S in Luxury ride which means much more confort" Driving in a sport car while behind a luxury compact car.
But to answer your question Boms. My car has 5500 Miles since Feb 2005 and very noisy. I got use to it and got my Tinnitus worse (ringing in my ear). I am leaving my life with it but soon my RSX-s is going back to the dealer for a BRAND NEW TL ... 6-speed TL v6 at 270 ... eat that RSX-s.

Good luck!!!

·
NA member
407 Posts
the difference is mainly just due to the larger sidewall of the 03 compared to the 05's. Also they redid the tuning of the 05 suspension, rewound one of the springs....and thats basically it. that basically is the reason for the difference. and as above stated...tire pressure is a definite factor. All these added up can definitely provide the difference the threadstarter stated above.

·
Registered
192 Posts
theBOMs said:
first +rep to everyone who helped... 2nd my tire pressure is 32 all around, i asked my friend and he said he was above 30 PSi, soo... and to QFCK2001 , you comapred your 05 S to a 05 base or S? it would be wierd if both were S and they had a different ride quality
both are type s from the same dealer, also purchased in the same week.

·
05RSX-S-ASPEC
533 Posts
The ride can be pretty bumpy, with the A-Spec you tend to feel even more bumps. I've also noticed the yokohama tires they sell as part of the A-Spec package are better on the bumps than the stock michelins are. But even with the yoko's I still feel every bump.

I really don't mind feeling most of the bumps, except when I am trying to let the clutch out and hit a big one, and when I hit a slight imperfection in the road and the car pulls to the side that the imperfection was on.

If you want a car that wont have as hard of a ride, try the TSX or TL.

·
Registered
416 Posts
ltmoua said:
hey Boms!

I own a 2005 RSX-S and yes the ride is quite bumpy and very noisy compare to a Honda Civic. I understand that its an Acura RSX-s but why not built a sport tune car with comfort? But thats just my opinion. I guess Acura just want a sport car.
I also read an article that the NEW Civic 2006 SI with the RSX-s engine it will produce at 197 horse power BUT!!! it has a comment that "This car will outperform the RSX-S in Luxury ride which means much more confort" Driving in a sport car while behind a luxury compact car.
But to answer your question Boms. My car has 5500 Miles since Feb 2005 and very noisy. I got use to it and got my Tinnitus worse (ringing in my ear). I am leaving my life with it but soon my RSX-s is going back to the dealer for a BRAND NEW TL ... 6-speed TL v6 at 270 ... eat that RSX-s.

Good luck!!!
Double Wish Bone Suspension = Best of both worlds

·
Registered
842 Posts
well to solve your problem drive my car for a week then hop back in yours...this will make your car feel instantly smoother. I have Flex, bushings, esmm...and a few undisclosed goodies.

·
Registered
842 Posts
...harsh doesn't quite describe it....i get "what the hell" a lot. but anyway anything over 100 is nice and smooth...minus feeling every rock bump and crack in the road...ahh yes sweetness. the joy of being able to double the warning signs..15::30 55::um wow....i love my car. joy-gasm. lol.

·
Registered
69 Posts
16 inch wheels will always feel better than 17s thats just the way it is more rim less tire think about it on another note i have seen some rsxtypes on the road and the back was real bouncey and i thought the car was lowered then i catch up to them and there stock height .

·
Registered
181 Posts
A-spec with 17's on falken ze512's is the same. I feel almost every imperfection in the road but it feels better than stock 02 suspension. Stock felt like i was bouncing along on the road a-spec smoothes it out but at the same time increases the feel of the road. Car was built to run nice on track not on street there is a big difference. But there is always ways around this especially if u have a certain taste in comfort than maybe the car just wasnt the one for u or as expected.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have kuhmo tires at 32psi it's extremely hard stiffness is a function of spring rate any way konis and eibach would be smoother

21 - 31 of 31 Posts