Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my radiator cracked the other day, so I upgraded to a mishimoto performance radiator. Installed it today and on first test drive car was running good, even felt like it was responding a little better than before. Thought I had fixed my problem and then about 5-10 minutes into the drive I notice the temp starting to rise higher than normal. The overheating would only start to rise when I was accelerating, but when I came to a complete stop the temp would slowly start to decrease back to normal. Could my thermostat be the issue? A buddy told me that could've possibly been the problem from the beginning which caused my radiator to build up pressure and crack. Do you guys think it would be better to go with a aftermarket mishimoto thermostat, or an OEM honda thermostat. Lastly should I get a thermostat for a RSX or TSX?? Since it's the k24a2 block, and does it make a difference if in two weeks I'm frankensteining my k20z1 head back onto the k24 block? Any knowledge on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
247 Posts
Did you burp all the air out of the cooling system and check to see if coolant level was good in the radiator?
Not always the case that a bad thermostat causes a bad radiator. My toyota's radiator plastic cracked, thermostat still good. My oem rsx thermostat has 200k miles on it and it's still good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts