Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, In a dilemma

I have an 05 rsx base, I swapped in my k20a2 motor And trans with the 02 engine harness, I also have a prb kprov4. Engines in and all and will crank, but the fuel pump will not kick in, ive swapped the 02 dash in to try and overcome it but there’s 3 different connectors that won’t match up going into the body harness running to the rear of the car, so I’ve went back to the 05 dash.

I have checked all fuses, grounds and such, but still cannot get fuel, I’m aware people upgrade their kpro and get a jumper harness but I’m trying to avoid that by using the 02 harness which I believe(?) should work.

Any help would be great!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I could be wrong as I have Ktuner, but my understanding is the adapter harness is required for the second gen RSX in order to use Kpro. Otherwise, you would have to re-pin the harness yourself. You will also need a primary O2 sensor from the first gen as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would need repinning? It’s using an 02 harness and kpro which worked in my 02 before I swapped it over to my new 05, I’m still using the 02 engine harness, the only connector from kpro is the one from the cars dash harness

·
Registered
1 Posts
I swapped over my 2002 k20a2 into 2006 base model I later learned I needed a jumper harness for the ecu I contacted hondata, they had me send in my ecu and a cashiers check of $275 and a form they have you fill out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts