Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought a pretty clean giving the car was an 05 but got it for dirt cheap. Had some money saved up so decided to go ahead and do the interior/paint, wheels, and Mugen lip kit on the rsx. Bought it aug 20 and in a month the car is ready for paint. Just waiting on a non humid full day to paint the car. It’s going destroyer grey. Color is on 17-19 dodge challengers and chargers. It’s just a solid dark grey that’s glossy af. Here’s some pics from the day i got it till today. I’ll be adding more pics as stuff gets done and put together.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Won’t let me post more pics yet. Lmao I’ll have more pics of all the stuff I’ve got for it and maybe work that’s been done so far. I didn’t know there was an attachment limit lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also got innovative polished 85a mounts, fixed the lovely ac system rsx’s love to have, dc race header, stage 3 clutch with 7lb flywheel, 18” work emotion reps, BC full coilovers, i flushed all the fluids, car is mechanically sound. Had some problems to fix at first. Now they are all done. Wrapped the headliner, sunroof slider, and pillars with bride gradation fabric, redid the entire audio system. 7” android touch screen (runs on WiFi only) JBL front components, JBL rear coaxial speakers, JL audio w7 10, JL 500/1, JBL 400 watt 4 channel amp for all small speakers in the car, I’m going to build a cage that is welded in from the top of the headrest of the front seats to the back of the car and x braces (I’m a fabricator/welder) it’s also got Megan racing strut bars. Rear seats and hatch is gutted.. gonna make a platform to mount all the audio stuff on top of the rear tire mounting area. Saving up for bride gias lowmax front seats with harnesses and then the car will be 100% inside and out and then i plan to start piecing together a turbo kit.

So far that’s the plan. But for now just trying to get the car painted. This has been an all DIY project. I probably should have made a shit load of YouTube videos since there isn’t hardly any on there for weird rsx stuff. But oh well lol stay tuned 🙃

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

And that’s how it sits today. Going to test fit all the bumpers and lips again to make sure the paint won’t be fucked up or crack when installing it. It’s all ready for paint. Just need to wetsand the primer before Saturday. Planning to spray all day Saturday as long as the humidity. I also sprayed every plastic piece on the outside that was faded black. It’s now all gloss black. The vents under the windshield shield door trim. Everything that was faded on the outside. Everything on this car has been touched by me already lol. I’ll post more this evening after I get pics of everything test fitted!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking good! Nice to see these getting full resprays.
The body looked pretty damn straight when i got it. I assumed it would be a PDR the dings, then wetsand the whole car and spray. But as we looked closer and felt the body panels popping way too much after a little pressure we figured we should sand a spot. I’m glad we did. It should be painted this coming weekend. I hope lol. It’ll be my old/brand new car. I’ve literally fixed everything or made it better. Motor is strong as hell no tranny probs. And it has 150k on the dot. Pretty excited. Glad I’m doing the gloss grey. I like to be different

·
WILDCARD!
1,152 Posts
How's that head unit treating you? I've always wondered about the Amazon off-brand radios. Seem like a helluva deal for the price.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How's that head unit treating you? I've always wondered about the Amazon off-brand radios. Seem like a helluva deal for the price.
I really haven’t gotten to play with it much yet. The brand is ATOTO i figured it was Chinese or something lol but it’s full android operating system. The bad thing is to use all the apps on the screen or like Netflix amazon all that you’ve gotta tether Internet off your phone or get one of those WiFi hotspot things. But other than that it’s pretty dope. Super clean video quality, apps work well and the display is also pretty dope. Also you can mirror your iPhone screen also and use the screen to navigate through your iPhone. Also Bluetooth and all that. I like it so far. But i have only played with it maybe 30 mins lol car isn’t done yet. If it’s gonna be much longer I’ll probably put it in my truck then i can say how it works lol

·
WILDCARD!
1,152 Posts
I really haven’t gotten to play with it much yet. The brand is ATOTO i figured it was Chinese or something lol but it’s full android operating system. The bad thing is to use all the apps on the screen or like Netflix amazon all that you’ve gotta tether Internet off your phone or get one of those WiFi hotspot things. But other than that it’s pretty dope. Super clean video quality, apps work well and the display is also pretty dope. Also you can mirror your iPhone screen also and use the screen to navigate through your iPhone. Also Bluetooth and all that. I like it so far. But i have only played with it maybe 30 mins lol car isn’t done yet. If it’s gonna be much longer I’ll probably put it in my truck then i can say how it works lol
Cool, thanks for the info. Was thinking of trying one of these Chinese touch screens in my daily driver Civic but wanted some reviews.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, thanks for the info. Was thinking of trying one of these Chinese touch screens in my daily driver Civic but wanted some reviews.
Yeah man so far i like it. The display is dope everything i have seen i like. Clean picture. It was 169 on amazon i believe. And the rsx is gonna be my daily also. It was either that or a pioneer double din with Apple car play and stuff but seen this and it looked way cooler. I have a feeling I’ll be buying another one for my truck. lol

·
I Hate Honda's
1,119 Posts
You should be able to find an entire black interior at a local junkyard for $300 or less fyi. My local U Pull It's have a ton available for cheap.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You should be able to find an entire black interior at a local junkyard for $300 or less fyi. My local U Pull It's have a ton available for cheap.
I found a donor car black on black pretty close to here. But the guy stacked a torn apart motor and everything else else he stripped off the car in the back seat/trunk. The plastic was all scratched to hell. So that was a no go. But i wrapped the full interior with bride gradation and i think it matches pretty well with the grey and gold in the fabric. The interior may go black later but I’m not too worried about it. Thanks tho my man! I wouldn’t even think to look at a junkyard for an rsx lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the dedication !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Stay tuned. This thing should be all together within the next couple weeks i hope. Hopefully spray the Mugen lips and skirts, type-r Wong, doors, decklip or lid. Whatever it’s called lol and the hatch. That’s all I’m waiting for to put it all together. Super stoked. There hasn’t been a part on this car i haven’t touched. Lol it’s really been exciting and only a little over a month. Bought the car aug 20. The body was way worse than it looked in that picture. The whole driver side quarter was wrecked and covered with pounds of bondo. Now it’s all natural lol that’s how i got it a month ago. Picked it up for 2500. Right now i have 7500 in everything. Paint and body and all the add ons. I planned it out to the T lol

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also I’ve done everything myself. With the help of my best friend (painter) this thing is mechanically sound and set up for the turbo kit I’m going for next. It’s gonna be my fun ass daily driver lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
damn looking good man. Thats the last thing on my list, got all the mechanical stuff done so its working well, now time to work on the exterior this winter.

although damn, not getting close to the magnificence of this build :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
damn looking good man. Thats the last thing on my list, got all the mechanical stuff done so its working well, now time to work on the exterior this winter.

although damn, not getting close to the magnificence of this build <a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/frown_color.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Frown" ></a>
Thanks man. I decided to do the interior/exterior first. Then boost it over winter. Although it may be winter by the time this thing is done. Lol been working night and day on this thing the last month. Haha i hope she comes out looking super fresh

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Nice build and thanks for the pics. Don't worry too much about Chinese stuff, where do you think all the good stuff comes from. The only thing that doesn't crap out on me nowadays is Chinese stuff.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts