Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I really haven’t gotten to play with it much yet. The brand is ATOTO i figured it was Chinese or something lol but it’s full android operating system. The bad thing is to use all the apps on the screen or like Netflix amazon all that you’ve gotta tether Internet off your phone or get one of those WiFi hotspot things. But other than that it’s pretty dope. Super clean video quality, apps work well and the display is also pretty dope. Also you can mirror your iPhone screen also and use the screen to navigate through your iPhone. Also Bluetooth and all that. I like it so far. But i have only played with it maybe 30 mins lol car isn’t done yet. If it’s gonna be much longer I’ll probably put it in my truck then i can say how it works lol
Nice build and thanks for the pics. Don't worry too much about Chinese stuff, where do you think all the good stuff comes from. The only thing that doesn't crap out on me nowadays is Chinese stuff.
same. I love Chinese shit. So much cheaper and literally most the time way better quality lol

Nice work, the carbon hood looks new again and love the Bride fabric.
It’s almost all together now. I haven’t got any interior in yet. I have new speakers and stuff to wire up and some more new goodies plus I’m waiting for the glass guys to come out and re-install my glass. But here’s how it looks now. So sexy. Vinyl wrapping the roof and mugen splitter in carbon tomorrow.

I’m in love with this car. Crazy as hell that I’ve drove it 2 times since i owned it. And i literally bought the car and started on it aug 20 lol

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here’s an update. All the bodywork is on now. I do want to get those topone splitters and winglets for the skirts though. Just went and replaced every bulb in the car with LEDS and the brake lights are the strobe flashing then solid every time you press the breaks. It’s pretty legit and super bright. I hope to scare the hell out of people lol i went ahead and pulled out the seats and console to deep clean the carpet. This weekend i am gonna start on the interior so it should be done for sure. Was supposed to get the windshield and side glass put back in today but the company never showed or called so that sucks. Other than that maybe another week and she will be ready to roll! I may even be able to get the new bride seats and harnesses! Also i have to pull the hatch back off to hook up the radio antenna... i forgot lol

Attachments

·
I Hate Honda's
1,119 Posts
I like the color. Unless you are going to dish out for real Bride seats ($1,000ish per piece for the Zeta III's fixed backs, or $1,800 for the Stradia/Gias) don't bother. Just buy a pair of the real DC5 Recaro's for $900-1,500.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here’s an update. All the bodywork is on now. I do want to get those topone splitters and winglets for the skirts though. Just went and replaced every bulb in the car with LEDS and the brake lights are the strobe flashing then solid every time you press the breaks. It’s pretty legit and super bright. I hope to scare the hell out of people lol i went ahead and pulled out the seats and console to deep clean the carpet. This weekend i am gonna start on the interior so it should be done for sure. Was supposed to get the windshield and side glass put back in today but the company never showed or called so that sucks. Other than that maybe another week and she will be ready to roll! I may even be able to get the new bride seats and harnesses! Also i have to pull the hatch back off to hook up the radio antenna... i forgot lol
looks sweet as fuck

·
WILDCARD!
1,152 Posts
I'm curious, where did you get your bulbs from? I wanted to put LEDs in my yellow lense fog lights, but the "cool blue" or "cool white" LEDs tend to look green behind yellow lenses. Do you have yellow lenses or are they yellow LEDs behind clear lenses?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I like the color. Unless you are going to dish out for real Bride seats ($1,000ish per piece for the Zeta III's fixed backs, or $1,800 for the Stradia/Gias) don't bother. Just buy a pair of the real DC5 Recaro's for $900-1,500.
I can’t find any decent recaro’s for that cheap. The brides i been looking at is the Canadian ones lol like 800 shipped with seat brackets and rails from ebay. Lol i would totally do some recaros over those though. I want the black with red stitching though. Hard to find all i see is red or blue.

I'm curious, where did you get your bulbs from? I wanted to put LEDs in my yellow lense fog lights, but the "cool blue" or "cool white" LEDs tend to look green behind yellow lenses. Do you have yellow lenses or are they yellow LEDs behind clear lenses?
My lenses are clear. I got yellow LEDs. I’ve got all of them on amazon. Every bulb in the car now is all LED. Replaced them all. If i was you I’d use yellow as well. Or white if you can find actual white bulbs. That’s what my headlight bulbs are supposed to he but i haven’t put them in yet. I have 6500k hids in it right now. I didn’t want to pull off the bumper till i go to get an alignment next week lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
looks sweet as fuck
Thanks man. Def built on a budget. The paint was a bit ridiculous because body damage i uncovered. Luckily i did all the paint and body so i didn’t have to charge myself or else it would have been like a 8-10k paint job lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This is what the front looks like without them on

Attachments

·
I Hate Honda's
1,119 Posts
I can’t find any decent recaro’s for that cheap. The brides i been looking at is the Canadian ones lol like 800 shipped with seat brackets and rails from ebay. Lol i would totally do some recaros over those though. I want the black with red stitching though. Hard to find all i see is red or blue.
Be patient you’ll thank me later. The fake Bride’s are 99% garbage. Stitching rips, nameplates are crooked, mount holes fail. They aren’t worth it.

·
WILDCARD!
1,152 Posts
This is what the front looks like without them on
Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll have to see what's available on Amazon. I usually just get all my LEDs from superbrightleds.com because I've never had any issues with them, but disappointingly, they don't seem to have any yellow LED options on the H11 bulbs. They have one where you switch between cool white and yellow by turning them on and off but I think I'd rather just have yellow only bulbs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That looks really fucking nice man, good looks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Be patient you’ll thank me later. The fake Bride’s are 99% garbage. Stitching rips, nameplates are crooked, mount holes fail. They aren’t worth it.
I appreciate that. How about like momo’s or any other brands do you know of? My stock seats are ripped a bit so i wanna get rid of them ASAP. I even been looking at the NRG seats. Just to get them the hell out. Lol

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll have to see what's available on Amazon. I usually just get all my LEDs from superbrightleds.com because I've never had any issues with them, but disappointingly, they don't seem to have any yellow LED options on the H11 bulbs. They have one where you switch between cool white and yellow by turning them on and off but I think I'd rather just have yellow only bulbs.
I wish i had a pic of mine. They’re literally just like halogen bulbs just have a led chip instead of the bulb part. And they have built in baby fans also. You’ll find some.

That looks really fucking nice man, good looks.
Thanks man. I just have minor stuff to get back on and it’s ready for the road again. Mainly just door weatherstripping. Can’t wait to drive it

·
WILDCARD!
1,152 Posts
I wish i had a pic of mine. They’re literally just like halogen bulbs just have a led chip instead of the bulb part. And they have built in baby fans also. You’ll find some.
Appreciate the info. Sorry to keep bugging you, but one more question. I assume you probably installed an LED specific flasher relay to make the turn signals blink correctly? I'm looking to switch to all LED also. Did you need resistors for any of the bulbs? I was advised that the 9005 high beams may need resistors to function correctly.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Appreciate the info. Sorry to keep bugging you, but one more question. I assume you probably installed an LED specific flasher relay to make the turn signals blink correctly? I'm looking to switch to all LED also. Did you need resistors for any of the bulbs? I was advised that the 9005 high beams may need resistors to function correctly.
You want to find led bulbs that say “anti hyper flash” for the blinkers. They are a bit more expensive but direct plug and play. If you get regular led bulbs you will have to wire in a resistor. And i have no clue how that works. Lol but for the 150 i spent on all new LEDS around the entire car it made one hell of a difference. I put white LEDS in the tail lights and they are still red. I got some super dope bright back up lights and it literally lights up about 10ft behind and around the car. My camera isn’t night vision but you’d think it was daytime lol just remember. Anti hyper flash. Some will say non anti hyperflash or no anti hyperflash. Those are the ones you’ll have to wire the resistor in. But they are significantly cheaper. And the resistors are only like 5-6 bucks a piece. So it is just how your budget looks like and the work you wanna do. I’m a plug and play guy so i bought the expensive ones lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
totally not related to the car (which looks like it's coming along great)

How do you like the Dewalt impact tools?
That’s all we use at work and all i use. I love them. And also the new stuff has lifetime warranties so anytime they break boom comes a new one or they fix mine. I like them. Great for car work

·
WILDCARD!
1,152 Posts
You want to find led bulbs that say “anti hyper flash” for the blinkers. They are a bit more expensive but direct plug and play. If you get regular led bulbs you will have to wire in a resistor. And i have no clue how that works. Lol but for the 150 i spent on all new LEDS around the entire car it made one hell of a difference. I put white LEDS in the tail lights and they are still red. I got some super dope bright back up lights and it literally lights up about 10ft behind and around the car. My camera isn’t night vision but you’d think it was daytime lol just remember. Anti hyper flash. Some will say non anti hyperflash or no anti hyperflash. Those are the ones you’ll have to wire the resistor in. But they are significantly cheaper. And the resistors are only like 5-6 bucks a piece. So it is just how your budget looks like and the work you wanna do. I’m a plug and play guy so i bought the expensive ones lol
Yeah, I think I'm good on the turn signals blinking. I plan to replace the flasher relay on the fuse panel with one designed for LEDs, so that should take care of that issue.

I was wondering if you had to use resistors on the high beams or fog light bulbs? I was reading that sometimes 9005 and H11 LED bulbs will not work or will flicker in older cars because they draw so little power compared to halogens that the car doesn't know if they're functioning or not.

If you haven't noticed any issues, then it's probably all good. Thanks for answering all my questions! I will stop being selfish in your show-off thread. :)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts