Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Dang man super jelly of that fresh paint coat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Still needs a wetsand and buff but i love it. Everyone always asks me questions everywhere. Been driving it for a couple weeks now to find all the little problems I’ve missed so far. I have Some little stuff to fix but she is ready for the turbo setup i believe. 600hp or bust lol
Yeah, I think I'm good on the turn signals blinking. I plan to replace the flasher relay on the fuse panel with one designed for LEDs, so that should take care of that issue.

I was wondering if you had to use resistors on the high beams or fog light bulbs? I was reading that sometimes 9005 and H11 LED bulbs will not work or will flicker in older cars because they draw so little power compared to halogens that the car doesn't know if they're functioning or not.

If you haven't noticed any issues, then it's probably all good. Thanks for answering all my questions! I will stop being selfish in your show-off thread. <a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/smile_color.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smilie" ></a>[/QUOTE]

Haha nah your good. That’s what all this is kinda for. Figure out what works and doesn’t by other builds.

The only problem i have found with any of the lights is when i turn on my blinker one way or The other every once in a while the whole dash lights/ headlights will flicker. I remember my 03 doing it a super long time ago with hids. So i think you may have just told me what i need to do to fix that lol

Other than that everything works great. No flickering of any bulb other than the low beams. My foglights work great. It was an oem equivalent kit i bought with wiring harness off amazon so my bulbs in those are like h8 or something weird. It looks just like a 9005 bulb though. Overall i like it. Way brighter than hids. I’m glad i changed them all out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
You want to find led bulbs that say “anti hyper flash” for the blinkers. They are a bit more expensive but direct plug and play. If you get regular led bulbs you will have to wire in a resistor. And i have no clue how that works. Lol but for the 150 i spent on all new LEDS around the entire car it made one hell of a difference. I put white LEDS in the tail lights and they are still red. I got some super dope bright back up lights and it literally lights up about 10ft behind and around the car. My camera isn’t night vision but you’d think it was daytime lol just remember. Anti hyper flash. Some will say non anti hyperflash or no anti hyperflash. Those are the ones you’ll have to wire the resistor in. But they are significantly cheaper. And the resistors are only like 5-6 bucks a piece. So it is just how your budget looks like and the work you wanna do. I’m a plug and play guy so i bought the expensive ones lol
Yeah, I think I'm good on the turn signals blinking. I plan to replace the flasher relay on the fuse panel with one designed for LEDs, so that should take care of that issue.

I was wondering if you had to use resistors on the high beams or fog light bulbs? I was reading that sometimes 9005 and H11 LED bulbs will not work or will flicker in older cars because they draw so little power compared to halogens that the car doesn't know if they're functioning or not.

If you haven't noticed any issues, then it's probably all good. Thanks for answering all my questions! I will stop being selfish in your show-off thread. <a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/smile_color.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smilie" ></a>
I messed up on the quote lol the answer is above.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well got the components wired in, sub, amps, half the sound deadening in, kpro, bought the wideband i still need to weld a bung on the header and wire it up for kpro and all the interior i wrapped in bride back in. Now i just have to finish the sound deadening through the car and put back on the interior plastic pieces and build the roll cage. Turbo parts are slowly coming. Just ordered the fuel system stuff. The rest should be cake. And the windows finally got tinted and new drilled/slotted rotors (powerstop) just need some dual piston calipers for the power i hope to make. Slowly getting stuff finished

I got it on a dyno tuned k20z1 intake tune that i messed with a bit. Getting about 8mpg more and it’s got full power from wot to 8600. Its the version 2 though. Going to send it in this week for the upgraded V4 with Bluetooth.

already have the k tuned fuel rail, fic 2200cc injectors, and a fp3794 turbo. Just little stuff i need now. Well less expensive stuff. Only spent about 500 on the 340lph pump, fpr, and braided fuel lines. Pump and regulator is deatchswerks. Looking for a hyper single clutch if anyone has one for cheap lol just the plates without clutch pads will work 😂 oh and a LSD lmao. But i do have all the boost supporting parts. Solid mounts 600hp axles, new cables, stuff like that. Gonna run it on e85 always and build a tranny when this one blows up. I’m sure it’ll only hold for a little bit. BUT my show car won’t be slow. That’s for sure. Hopefully get around 650ish on low boost. The turbo is pretty big. Gonna do valve springs and retainers, and have my buddy’s dad whip up the head. Port and polish possible bigger valves and what not. We will see. Gonna run a skunk 2 intake mani also with a 70mm TB. Hopefully soon.
Need to hit the lotto lol

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Haha, no worries, and thanks! Car is looking great!
thanks man. It’s on hold for now. Just little stuff here and there like sound deadening and putting back in the rear panels and stuff. Other than that it’s just waiting for me to get all the turbo stuff. Got my wideband in today. Decided to mount it to the dash lol. it’s easy to see though
05C4CC62-C31C-4157-B642-1F298DAA2FAF.jpeg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Nice! And I just noticed how you've got the Bride emblem going down the a-pillar like that. That's pretty cool.
lol yeah man. I wrapped everything in bride. I think it came out well. I just need to get new windshield sun visors. Mine are painted black by the previous owner and they look like complete shit. Both pillars are wrapped, headliner, sunroof cover/slider, door panels where the leather was and the small tray on the front of the door panel... i think that’s it. I think i have pics of it all. And i made each side opposite since the patterns wouldn’t match so the pass side is black and grey and the driver side is tan, gold, and a little grey. It took a while to wrap it but i think it came out super dope. There’s a couple spots where i cut the fabric too short so you can see the bare roof but i just took a paint marker that was the same color as the fabric and colored it so it isn’t hardly noticeable unless your inside staring at the ceiling lol

pics suck. But the driver pillar is grey pass side is black door panels you can see the colors i think pretty well.
7D8B4C5B-340B-48DB-94C3-CD407DC27BFA.jpeg
F5B33534-73D1-4A6E-B400-26E73740790B.jpeg
87A4D1EE-4E39-4A77-891A-A1F791CDFE7C.jpeg

41 - 47 of 47 Posts