Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to start with my parts list. Built the kit by myself, i cant own a non turbo rsx lol here we go
Turbo kit
1320 performance 44mm t3 sidewinder
1320 vband downpipe
1320 vband 44mm wg dump
Tial MVR 44mm siilver gate
Hks SSQV4 bov
vibrant oil feed and return lines with their turbo fittings
i bought a ebay intercooler piping kit 3" welding it all together after i can get everything situated
CX Racing FMIC ( we will see how this holds up.. had good reviews but when im ready to go fast this will change along with turbo)
REV9 60-62 journal bearing turbo (i had to try one at least. youtube is making ebay shit sound like the lotto) .65 A/R twin scroll design but it doesnt have the split so. idk 58mm wheel, 76mm turbine wheel.. said 350-550hp so i figured it would be alright to try. lol if i blow it up it was only $300 then i can get what i really want
k-tuned oil press fitting with the 3 ports
electronics
kpro v4
prosport oil press and boost gauges, and the aem 30-4110 wideband i have been running on for a while (its my only o2)
blitz turbo timer
a free 3 port boost solenoid/controller im going to try out lol i dont know the name
Fuel system
-6an feed and return
DW 1000 FPR
walboro 255lph ive had in it a while. will be going as big as i can soon when i can crank up the boost
aeromotive inline fuel filter
k-tuned rail
Fic 1200cc's

other stuff im replacing while its apart and also dont forget all the heat wrapping and coolant hoses and stuff to re route and cover with tape'
k-tuned swivel neck thermostat and housing
honda valve cover gasket kit
vtec solenoid seal (it was pouring out oil before. it was pinched when tightened by the previous owner)
hondata 4 bar map
i think theres more.. ive been buying turbo parts for a couple months here and there

parts thats been on the car as i was planning for boost while rebuilding

BC coils with race springs
stage 4 clutch, lightweight flywheel i think the brand was cc ( we will see how much power it will take lol 300 and dunnnnn)
innovative 75a billet mounts with my stock front mount with energy inserts and filled up with now solid eurethane

i think thats about it that has to do with the turbo kit. I do know i am for SURE making a DIY on everything since i have never in my life seen one or a video. im doing both lol so many posts thats words, no hose sizes no explanations on how to run lines and what not. i am doing it as simple and cheap as possible

now. the only question i have right now is if anyone has put a sidewinder on, how and what size heater hoses did you use? i think im going to try and tuck these but we will have to see when i get there. i did measure the hard pipe and heater core nipples and the one on the firewall was all around 3/4" but i want to see how people have done theirs. and also the rear one from the head to the body.

and also what have you guys done with the PS line? mine is literally laying on the damn manifold lol'

and yes the whole mani, turbo, wg dump, and down pipe are going to be covered in as much heat wrap as i can cover with it being super tight.

what type of heat shielding did you guys use on all the wiring and hoses and practically everything on the firewall?

im going to post pics as i progress. i only worked on it last saturday and was already pissed at it for being right in the way of everything. lol

theres a pic of day 1 to day 40 of the rebuild. the entire car has been rebuilt by me other than the motor and trans. its a very strong motor. trans will inevitably pop lol ill add more pics on my phone.

lets here some builds and see some pics! and ways you ran everything

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also forgot to add it’s got a mishimoto radiator that is literally the shit. Car runs at 176 at all times usually. Hasn’t seen over 197. Also full ac and half way gutted. No rear seats or trunk stuff. But it is all Covered in thick sound deafening lol here some of the current situations
F7AAB88D-497F-4E8B-BEEA-BB286A9E99AC.jpeg
8F7E0AE4-0C7A-43EE-B730-F7F39C11F59E.jpeg
FC0778EE-3BA4-40AA-8D1D-875FADE98F8C.jpeg
4F6998DA-6FF2-45EF-A831-40490B95C369.jpeg
4A0F7C35-C499-4CD3-9DE7-99D2E246D891.jpeg
D99FE9A8-4F9B-4E86-B44D-35262420579D.jpeg
F7AAB88D-497F-4E8B-BEEA-BB286A9E99AC.jpeg 8F7E0AE4-0C7A-43EE-B730-F7F39C11F59E.jpeg FC0778EE-3BA4-40AA-8D1D-875FADE98F8C.jpeg 4F6998DA-6FF2-45EF-A831-40490B95C369.jpeg 4A0F7C35-C499-4CD3-9DE7-99D2E246D891.jpeg D99FE9A8-4F9B-4E86-B44D-35262420579D.jpeg

·
Registered
308 Posts
bOOsted_k Keep up that build Man. More than I'm doing but I'll put up some pix as there are few people that are diggin' in that much to RSX's anymore! G/F said l8TR on the pix, quality time?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bOOsted_k Keep up that build Man. More than I'm doing but I'll put up some pix as there are few people that are diggin' in that much to RSX's anymore! G/F said l8TR on the pix, quality time?
haha it seems as if i can only touch it on weekends now. It should be done by now. Work owns. But yeah rsx is dying. But not mine. Lol just picked it up in aug only put around 3500 miles on it since I’ve had it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
haha it seems as if i can only touch it on weekends now. It should be done by now. Work owns. But yeah rsx is dying. But not mine. Lol just picked it up in aug only put around 3500 miles on it since I’ve had it.
03 Type S with 110k on the clock here. HA HA! lol....Well you seem like a happy "new" owner. I'm in the middle of a winter project re-build of engine due to an under estimated puddle, fuc'n sux. But I'm breathing on it as long as I'm at it and it's a winter project. Couple pix for you. If you get a chance throw some up of yours! Peace EFDFF207-F5C3-4809-B5CC-1AC1F3A0A73B.jpeg F58F4574-9F62-4244-A0B0-1369F0FF4907.jpeg IMG_3829.JPG IMG_3827.JPG IMG_3832.JPG

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
You 'll want at least -8an fuel lines not -6 and you'll want a way better fuel pump setup.
I was stuck at 500whp and it was because of my fuel system

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
03 Type S with 110k on the clock here. HA HA! lol....Well you seem like a happy "new" owner. I'm in the middle of a winter project re-build of engine due to an under estimated puddle, fuc'n sux. But I'm breathing on it as long as I'm at it and it's a winter project. Couple pix for you. If you get a chance throw some up of yours! Peace View attachment 564829 View attachment 564830 View attachment 564834 View attachment 564833 View attachment 564835
oooh i cant wait for that part. lol my buddies dad does heads very well. he said he would hook me up on the low.. i also have an 02 type s but its a donor car, and thank God i have it right now or i would be lost running all of these new vacuum and coolant lines everywhere since the mani and turbo are in a shit location lol ill take some more as i get into it. i havent even seen it since sunday.. but tomorrow its on!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You 'll want at least -8an fuel lines not -6 and you'll want a way better fuel pump setup.
I was stuck at 500whp and it was because of my fuel system
Yessir. my buddy told me the same but i went cheap first since i know i may fuck up. but its not going to probably make much right at first, just hopefully enough boost to now creep with the tiny wastegate.. sometime soon im going to build my other motor for real hp and redo almost everything.. again . lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
oooh i cant wait for that part. lol my buddies dad does heads very well. he said he would hook me up on the low.. i also have an 02 type s but its a donor car, and thank God i have it right now or i would be lost running all of these new vacuum and coolant lines everywhere since the mani and turbo are in a shit location lol ill take some more as i get into it. i havent even seen it since sunday.. but tomorrow its on!
I'm just cleaning mine up myself. ridges around the seat's, casting flash and the like. I am having a machine shop do the FERRIA guides as to the G/F could not wrap her head around the whole idea of mine in her oven @ 350* and parts in the freezer. Speaking of that..my head anywhere near her on a Wednesday is un heard of usually. Only a weekend ride. Such as yours? LOL Already I know she's up to something....Still I might have them do the valve job (her too) I will lap the valves (ferria) myself as to all things considered and I got everything needed off E-B** including Compounds and suction sticks aka sex toy's. NOS craftsman glaze remover with separate 600 grit stones as to the Nikasil cylinders. No ridge on them, no overbore needed, Just a fresh Cross Hatch for the Nippon chyro rings and std. pistons. hmmm STD. My point here? That car of mine is my babydoll. She is like any other women I ever met. Owned since 06...Been with my gurl for 6yrs. Tough call If I had to choose. I'll send pix with her approval, ya right! Keep on rollin' yours is way sexier than mine!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just cleaning mine up myself. ridges around the seat's, casting flash and the like. I am having a machine shop do the FERRIA guides as to the G/F could not wrap her head around the whole idea of mine in her oven @ 350* and parts in the freezer. Speaking of that..my head anywhere near her on a Wednesday is un heard of usually. Only a weekend ride. Such as yours? LOL Already I know she's up to something....Still I might have them do the valve job (her too) I will lap the valves (ferria) myself as to all things considered and I got everything needed off E-B** including Compounds and suction sticks aka sex toy's. NOS craftsman glaze remover with separate 600 grit stones as to the Nikasil cylinders. No ridge on them, no overbore needed, Just a fresh Cross Hatch for the Nippon chyro rings and std. pistons. hmmm STD. My point here? That car of mine is my babydoll. She is like any other women I ever met. Owned since 06...Been with my gurl for 6yrs. Tough call If I had to choose. I'll send pix with her approval, ya right! Keep on rollin' yours is way sexier than mine!

LOLfor a minute i was really thinking you was talking about a woman hahaha im the same way though. Mine is Roxy haha but mine isnt that great yet. still have much work to do and to save up for my turbo build parts on the motor and trans, and to top it off some ccw lm20's. sooooo ready. i couldnt do any of that stuff to my bottom end myself. i have put valve train in before and cams. i will probably wait till i get crazy on boost before i do any of that. i need to get my transmission squared away first

·
Registered
308 Posts
LOLfor a minute i was really thinking you was talking about a woman hahaha im the same way though. Mine is Roxy haha but mine isnt that great yet. still have much work to do and to save up for my turbo build parts on the motor and trans, and to top it off some ccw lm20's. sooooo ready. i couldnt do any of that stuff to my bottom end myself. i have put valve train in before and cams. i will probably wait till i get crazy on boost before i do any of that. i need to get my transmission squared away first
I am talking about a women! There's a constant battle between my affections for her and my car> Right now the car is down so she is taking advantage of that. She's heartless I tell ya...On top of the cost of parts I'm supposed to have money to take her out to eat! Sarah will draw the line as to what, I do not know. I understand my RSX way more than her. Something about one has instructions and she does not? I seriously would have thrown the head in the oven. She openly admits as to NEVER understanding what a "FUN" car was. She has been pulled over doing 60 in a 35 in my car. No ticket. Cleavage comes in handy I guess? You got a serious build going on and it will take a minute. I just figured you had someone taking up some of your time also....No exciting new pix for you yet. Other than ANYTHING you can do free's up a lot of cash to put into part's. Me? I've never put in guides, I just know the theory.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohhh hahaha yeah i
I am talking about a women! There's a constant battle between my affections for her and my car> Right now the car is down so she is taking advantage of that. She's heartless I tell ya...On top of the cost of parts I'm supposed to have money to take her out to eat! Sarah will draw the line as to what, I do not know. I understand my RSX way more than her. Something about one has instructions and she does not? I seriously would have thrown the head in the oven. She openly admits as to NEVER understanding what a "FUN" car was. She has been pulled over doing 60 in a 35 in my car. No ticket. Cleavage comes in handy I guess? You got a serious build going on and it will take a minute. I just figured you had someone taking up some of your time also....No exciting new pix for you yet. Other than ANYTHING you can do free's up a lot of cash to put into part's. Me? I've never put in guides, I just know the theory.
ohhhi hear that for sure. My girl is keeping me away from mine trying to keep my attention. But I’ve got all my parts just sitting there waiting for me to get it in. lol she isn’t a fan of how much attention and money i spend on the car.😂😂 i think all women are the same probably. I don’t even stop talking about it and she gets so mad. Lol

·
Boosted K20A3
73 Posts
now. the only question i have right now is if anyone has put a sidewinder on, how and what size heater hoses did you use? i think im going to try and tuck these but we will have to see when i get there. i did measure the hard pipe and heater core nipples and the one on the firewall was all around 3/4" but i want to see how people have done theirs. and also the rear one from the head to the body.

and also what have you guys done with the PS line? mine is literally laying on the damn manifold lol'
For the heater hoses, I used two of the Ford Ranger hoses (Dayco E87721). You'll have to get creative to attach the one on the firewall facing the front of the car - I used a 90° elbow and a short length of hose to bridge the gap. This was a leak point at first until I got it tightened properly, though.

Power steering line can be mounted against the firewall using the same bracket its using on the valve cover. I think I attached it where one of the factory harness brackets was mounted.

I don't have a pic of either of these right now but can upload some (or a quick video) if you need it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
For the heater hoses, I used two of the Ford Ranger hoses (Dayco E87721). You'll have to get creative to attach the one on the firewall facing the front of the car - I used a 90° elbow and a short length of hose to bridge the gap. This was a leak point at first until I got it tightened properly, though.

Power steering line can be mounted against the firewall using the same bracket its using on the valve cover. I think I attached it where one of the factory harness brackets was mounted.

I don't have a pic of either of these right now but can upload some (or a quick video) if you need it.
That's straight up innovative of you Man! how many hoses must one go through to come up with that?!!!! I'm sure dude appreciates your input. Straight silicone here. IMG_3823.JPG IMG_3822.JPG IMG_3819.JPG IMG_3820.JPG Pile's of parts!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wanting to start my own turbo build, any fitment issues with sidewinder manifold? Im trying to decide if that or the rear mount is the way to go.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wanting to start my own turbo build, any fitment issues with sidewinder manifold? Im trying to decide if that or the rear mount is the way to go.
just the hoses having to be re-routed. Wasn’t very hard after i figured it out but also i had a new ktuned swivel thermost that helped me route all hoses to the passenger side. Except for 1 hose that comes off the back of the head. That one i got creative with and got some hydraulic fittings to plumb it under the manifold. Also heat taped and wrapped everything near any of the exhaust parts. I’ve had a rear mani and they are shit. My turbo last time rubbedthe stock ac line about 4 times before i said fuck it and kept no ac in it. This manifold i can keep the stock ac lines. But i will get the ac tuck kit. I can take pics of how it looks now almost finished. I bought 3” piping and got it all to work but went to check how much clearance it hadfor the shift knuckle and 1-3-5 gears would hit the intake piping lol so i am waiting for smaller 2.5” piping to make it here.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
308 Posts
Same. Mine are all mishimoto for the Rad. But all the ones i routed are gates with a layer of heat tape and then a sleeve to be safe
POWER just came back on here! Like I'm "self sitting" and even my doggy is pissing me off....Then here you are! That's hot rodding at it's finest, all I can say. I'm N/A but still appreciate all it takes. I have built many a Chevy V8 including strokers. I've had to get innovative and having to pop the hood on a date due to a thrown belt and having her say: " I don't know, but that engine is PRETTY TIT'S!" Gotta love the RSX. But I still miss the whole-Hole with a motor in it! That's genius as to runnin' your lines and taking all steps to be kosher and NOT have to pull over while on a date. That was 25 years ago, her name is Becky and were still friends....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
POWER just came back on here! Like I'm "self sitting" and even my doggy is pissing me off....Then here you are! That's hot rodding at it's finest, all I can say. I'm N/A but still appreciate all it takes. I have built many a Chevy V8 including strokers. I've had to get innovative and having to pop the hood on a date due to a thrown belt and having her say: " I don't know, but that engine is PRETTY TIT'S!" Gotta love the RSX. But I still miss the whole-Hole with a motor in it! That's genius as to runnin' your lines and taking all steps to be kosher and NOT have to pull over while on a date. That was 25 years ago, her name is Becky and were still friends....
😂😂😂 yeah man this self quarantine shit is driving me insane so I’ve been staying at my shop every day after work just tinkering with it. I need to snap some pics of it currently. It’s a mess though lol Still have some wiring to do and pull almost everything Off again. Have a small coolant leak and need to tuck my new brake booster hose and vacuums. And spin the cartridge the oil lines are horizontal. Not a fan. I don’t believe I’ve ever had anything break on a date but also I’ve only been on a couple. Lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
😂😂😂 yeah man this self quarantine shit is driving me insane so I’ve been staying at my shop every day after work just tinkering with it. I need to snap some pics of it currently. It’s a mess though lol Still have some wiring to do and pull almost everything Off again. Have a small coolant leak and need to tuck my new brake booster hose and vacuums. And spin the cartridge the oil lines are horizontal. Not a fan. I don’t believe I’ve ever had anything break on a date but also I’ve only been on a couple. Lol
Like I am already on the brink here and then the power goes off and the dogs looking at me like it's my fault! Never realized how much she liked Judge Judy...I look forward to some pix. So your still up and running even with the quarantine? I'm fortunate as a contractor? I went in put down subfloor by myself, after drywalling. Then the painter comes in and does his thing. Giving me a couple off, then I will lay the wood floor. I'm lucky I can still make a buck all by myself with No contact! Still I've NOT been productive at all with my day's off. Sit around drinking and thinking about stuff I should be doing around here. My gurfriends not helping as she has been sitting in a robe for the last week. I think the robs walking her around at this point? Thanx for hearing me out.
Misaligned pully caused the belt to throw. This is back in V-belt day's, IDK you've probably never seen one.LOL Dates are over rated and every girl I met on line turned out psycho. I recommend the grocery store and church, not so much now-a-day's though! By all means send me some pix it might help motivate me as to pulling my shortblock.:unsure::(:(:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts