Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
You guys got me jealous i really want to start tearing into my motor, but im stuck out of the country :'(
Welcome to the site. Where are you and when can we welcome you back to the states? Stay healthy dude. Your car alone is reason to live!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks I had another account on here before but i couldn't get logged into it im on my second RSX now. Im in Saudi Arabia not sure how much longer we will be here. Its not to bad though easy money. My car has been neglected for a few years Texas inspection made me work on it. I had to replace all my timing parts and it gave me the itch to start working on my car again.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks I had another account on here before but i couldn't get logged into it im on my second RSX now. Im in Saudi Arabia not sure how much longer we will be here. Its not to bad though easy money. My car has been neglected for a few years Texas inspection made me work on it. I had to replace all my timing parts and it gave me the itch to start working on my car again.
What happened to the first one? I drove through a "puddle" that ended up hydro locking the engine at 110k when it was just tuned and running great. O3 with 110k on it and I've owned it since 06. Bummer, perhaps but I've come up with a real good reason to breath on it and set it up for "barely" streetable! You should be home soon as there is talk about clearing everybody out....I'm replacing all my timing and adding cams and more. So you got a type S or what? share some pix, love to see it. You should be home soon when your tour is over and be able to pump some money and love into what will make you happy. Maybe even a gurl waiting for you?:cool::)

·
Registered
8 Posts
What happened to the first one? I drove through a "puddle" that ended up hydro locking the engine at 110k when it was just tuned and running great. O3 with 110k on it and I've owned it since 06. Bummer, perhaps but I've come up with a real good reason to breath on it and set it up for "barely" streetable! You should be home soon as there is talk about clearing everybody out....I'm replacing all my timing and adding cams and more. So you got a type S or what? share some pix, love to see it. You should be home soon when your tour is over and be able to pump some money and love into what will make you happy. Maybe even a gurl waiting for you?:cool::)
I got my first one when I was 17 I was driving a nice 4th gen prelude but I saw a 02 RSX type S with 230k against what my dads wishes. He ended up being right about a month later it quit running if I remember right a cam guide was worn and it threw a cam code and put it in limp mode. I ended up buying a new head installed that drove for a few months then the block started to knock. Back to the garage bought a new block put it in and was back to driving. Unfortunately about 4 months after that I hit a deer and totaled the car. Luckily a friend of mine at work decided to get a Walmart oil change and his super clean 06 RSX type s threw a rod shortly after at 125k. So I got that car from him for $1800 swapped my other motor in and have been driving ever since I’m 22 now. On a side note I actually hydro locked the 06 never really did anything about but change oil a few times and spark plugs and has been goin my strong 2 years. Car has been rough recently just because I haven’t taken good care of it I almost sold it to a friend for $1k and was just going to buy a reliable car but at the last minute changed my mind and decided I was going to make my neglected car nice. Looking like I won’t be coming home anytime soon I work on a private jet here and we have to do weekly maintenance on it and our pilots weren’t able to make it out so nobody to fly it home so we’re stuck here taking care of it for the mean time. I used to live in Ohio and moved to Texas and bought a house about 8 months ago. My girlfriend and a bunch of parts and tools for my garage will be waiting for me I’m just sitting here bored ordering things ?. I also want to get a small lift for my garage I always used one of my buddy’s lifts, jack and jack stands and crawling around on the floor has sucked. This is the only picture I have of the cars I ended up parting out the white one wishing I would have kept that trans now though my dad is about to send me the knocking block and extra head going to tear into them and do a full rebuild. Going to make a little video series of fixing it up it looks rough now but nothing that can’t be fixed.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Your a very interesting dude to say the least..Profounded, hey alright. I don't know where to begin? Your a mechanic on a private jet. I worked for CAT om heavy equipment, not quite as sexy! You have 2 RSX's I have 1. We have both experienced hydro-lock. I was spinning 7k rpm trying to make it through. So bent valves, possibly rods and what not were a given and sure enough on disassembly I was tappin' valves out with a hammer. If I'd continued to run it I figure I probably would in short order have fuc'd up a pretty hard to get head. I too have parts, but no doubt you have a really nice sexy gurlfriend and mines a bitch! lol I'm feeling very inadequate today...At least I have peace in knowing your stranded and I'm not! HA Then again I might as well be as we are self quarantining.
Oh welll. So how does someone so young learn to wrench on plans? I figured you were in the service? Maybe you should take flying lessons? How the hell could all the pilots leave you stuck? So many questions...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your a very interesting dude to say the least..Profounded, hey alright. I don't know where to begin? Your a mechanic on a private jet. I worked for CAT om heavy equipment, not quite as sexy! You have 2 RSX's I have 1. We have both experienced hydro-lock. I was spinning 7k rpm trying to make it through. So bent valves, possibly rods and what not were a given and sure enough on disassembly I was tappin' valves out with a hammer. If I'd continued to run it I figure I probably would in short order have fuc'd up a pretty hard to get head. I too have parts, but no doubt you have a really nice sexy gurlfriend and mines a bitch! lol I'm feeling very inadequate today...At least I have peace in knowing your stranded and I'm not! HA Then again I might as well be as we are self quarantining.
Oh welll. So how does someone so young learn to wrench on plans? I figured you were in the service? Maybe you should take flying lessons? How the hell could all the pilots leave you stuck? So many questions...
I only have 1 now you cant see it in the picture but the white RSX passenger side is all smashed up sold it for $500 huge mistake :( it had a trans ECU harness ect the only thing i took out of it was the engine. I went to technical school for aircraft maintenance instead of normal highschool so thats how I ended up on planes. Insider tip working on planes is easy as fuck people will act like its some art but its not lol everything was designed with maintenance in mind and idiot proof instructions for everything. Pilots left us stuck because on the day they were supposed to crew swap the borders here got shutdown so the outbound crew made it home and the guys that were flying in all got canceled so now its just us. Per Diem here is good though $176 a day extra tax free not bad for sitting in hotel all day.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I only have 1 now you cant see it in the picture but the white RSX passenger side is all smashed up sold it for $500 huge mistake :( it had a trans ECU harness ect the only thing i took out of it was the engine. I went to technical school for aircraft maintenance instead of normal highschool so thats how I ended up on planes. Insider tip working on planes is easy as fuck people will act like its some art but its not lol everything was designed with maintenance in mind and idiot proof instructions for everything. Pilots left us stuck because on the day they were supposed to crew swap the borders here got shutdown so the outbound crew made it home and the guys that were flying in all got canceled so now its just us. Per Diem here is good though $176 a day extra tax free not bad for sitting in hotel all day.
It would seem as though EVERY rsx you bought or sold was a mistake! LOL Props for hangin' in there??? LOL Hell, you make good money why not get a new subarooo! I love racing wrx's. With mild mods the RSX is FAST. I can't wait to get mine back, I love that car! I've owned it 10 years and this tragedy only gave me the excuse to do what I wanted to anyway.
Hmmm. at this point I'm a pretty good mechanic sounds like I could take an "online" course? While your just chillin' why not learn to fly? they got video games that simulate well and you could just steal the plane come back to the states and start your own charter service? Or run drugs or something. Opportunity is all around you, yet your sitting there? I would be in on that. So your Dad is shipping part's over to you...Exactly how long do you plan on "hangin" there? While the plane sits....in the hanger.
I like your driveway BTW seems like your out in the country. I live in the city but I've alway's felt more at home where there's corn and beans. So now my gurlfriend is interested in your story as I mentioned you. I hope you don't mind I was gonna let her read this. She has friends all over the world. This kinda stuff interests her. My dude, I don't know what to say. Sux but you seem OK. I'm starting to drink to much and I don't know what day it is...

·
Registered
8 Posts
It would seem as though EVERY rsx you bought or sold was a mistake! LOL Props for hangin' in there??? LOL Hell, you make good money why not get a new subarooo! I love racing wrx's. With mild mods the RSX is FAST. I can't wait to get mine back, I love that car! I've owned it 10 years and this tragedy only gave me the excuse to do what I wanted to anyway.
Hmmm. at this point I'm a pretty good mechanic sounds like I could take an "online" course? While your just chillin' why not learn to fly? they got video games that simulate well and you could just steal the plane come back to the states and start your own charter service? Or run drugs or something. Opportunity is all around you, yet your sitting there? I would be in on that. So your Dad is shipping part's over to you...Exactly how long do you plan on "hangin" there? While the plane sits....in the hanger.
I like your driveway BTW seems like your out in the country. I live in the city but I've alway's felt more at home where there's corn and beans. So now my gurlfriend is interested in your story as I mentioned you. I hope you don't mind I was gonna let her read this. She has friends all over the world. This kinda stuff interests her. My dude, I don't know what to say. Sux but you seem OK. I'm starting to drink to much and I don't know what day it is...
Unfortunately im city dweller now to those are old pictures from when i lived in Ohio. I live in Texas now so my dad is shipping me the parts from ohio to my new house. Im stuck here till at least april 15th im assuming longer though. Lol i would never get away with it our plane is a widebody jumbo jet you would need 20+ years experience just to sit right seat even though it flys itself haha. As far as getting a different car ive just always been a Honda ricer at heart now i just have the money to do all the stuff i wanted to do in highschool.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Like I am already on the brink here and then the power goes off and the dogs looking at me like it's my fault! Never realized how much she liked Judge Judy...I look forward to some pix. So your still up and running even with the quarantine? I'm fortunate as a contractor? I went in put down subfloor by myself, after drywalling. Then the painter comes in and does his thing. Giving me a couple off, then I will lay the wood floor. I'm lucky I can still make a buck all by myself with No contact! Still I've NOT been productive at all with my day's off. Sit around drinking and thinking about stuff I should be doing around here. My gurfriends not helping as she has been sitting in a robe for the last week. I think the robs walking her around at this point? Thanx for hearing me out.
Misaligned pully caused the belt to throw. This is back in V-belt day's, IDK you've probably never seen one.LOL Dates are over rated and every girl I met on line turned out psycho. I recommend the grocery store and church, not so much now-a-day's though! By all means send me some pix it might help motivate me as to pulling my shortblock.:unsure::(:(:)
check out my last post. I put some pics on there from the Almost finished kit. I got it going today.Purrs like a kitten lol i tried replying the other day and my uploads failed and shit i totally forgot to try again lol I’ll get some better pics tomorrow. I had to rebuild my intercooler mount too with the new piping. I think it looks way better now

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Unfortunately im city dweller now to those are old pictures from when i lived in Ohio. I live in Texas now so my dad is shipping me the parts from ohio to my new house. Im stuck here till at least april 15th im assuming longer though. Lol i would never get away with it our plane is a widebody jumbo jet you would need 20+ years experience just to sit right seat even though it flys itself haha. As far as getting a different car ive just always been a Honda ricer at heart now i just have the money to do all the stuff i wanted to do in highschool.
amen to that! I had to buy another rsx and build it just how i planned my high school one. So here we went lol i was never in a position to afford all the shit i wanted but now i am very patient and good at saving lol

·
Registered
375 Posts
amen to that! I had to buy another rsx and build it just how i planned my high school one. So here we went lol i was never in a position to afford all the shit i wanted but now i am very patient and good at saving lol
I don't know how your gonna fit your bumper around that intercooler! You give fuc it and stuff it a whole new meaning...I gotta see this! Your not helping me, I'm content watching you work. I guess I'm happy for you...But If I had five guy's like you we'd all be rich? Right now I'm sitting on my ass and the weather is getting warmer. Can't hardly keep a crew together, everybody has an excuse. Wife, kids, cough, "I swear I was there sorry I missed you". " Yer gonna have to talk to Rick about that". LOL Well hay we all grow up sometime. I knew while I was doing "it" when I was younger that I could play then and pay later. Your smarter than me. I've payed and it took some time, like years. So now I just try to bite off what I can chew. I'm gonna start callin' you "Buffet Guy"! You've earned it. Get another piece of that. ;):giggle:

·
Registered
375 Posts
LMFAO/// why I don't know. I'm losing it? Hmm/ My parents have a house in spring lakes AZ. that's were there at. Were all stuck in one way or another...We live in IL. Unlike some people, you have a plane! I find it hard to feel sorry for you. Your sittin in a hotel, I'm in a lazyboi and b (.) (.) by K is over there laughing at us! His ride is like gangbusters and my shortblock is still in the car. I'll take some pix cuz that just might be the slap I need. Honestly I could pull it in a day If I'd get off my ass. So what all parts is he sending? Let me guess what your next move is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LMFAO/// why I don't know. I'm losing it? Hmm/ My parents have a house in spring lakes AZ. that's were there at. Were all stuck in one way or another...We live in IL. Unlike some people, you have a plane! I find it hard to feel sorry for you. Your sittin in a hotel, I'm in a lazyboi and b (.) (.) by K is over there laughing at us! His ride is like gangbusters and my shortblock is still in the car. I'll take some pix cuz that just might be the slap I need. Honestly I could pull it in a day If I'd get off my ass. So what all parts is he sending? Let me guess what your next move is.
He is just sending me the old head and block first stop is going to be the machine shop :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I don't know how your gonna fit your bumper around that intercooler! You give fuc it and stuff it a whole new meaning...I gotta see this! Your not helping me, I'm content watching you work. I guess I'm happy for you...But If I had five guy's like you we'd all be rich? Right now I'm sitting on my ass and the weather is getting warmer. Can't hardly keep a crew together, everybody has an excuse. Wife, kids, cough, "I swear I was there sorry I missed you". " Yer gonna have to talk to Rick about that". LOL Well hay we all grow up sometime. I knew while I was doing "it" when I was younger that I could play then and pay later. Your smarter than me. I've payed and it took some time, like years. So now I just try to bite off what I can chew. I'm gonna start callin' you "Buffet Guy"! You've earned it. Get another piece of that. ;):giggle:
??????????gah damn your posts fucking light me up. Hahaha it’s a wasteland here in Oklahoma. Shit is so gay we can barely hit the gas stations now. Lol i just want to spend some quality time with some gambling machines so i can completely rebuild this car again to make it super wetttttt. I fucked up painting first then doing all this shit. Lol but yeah man the turbo build is practically complete now. I’m just waiting for the rest of my parts to come in so i can tune. New oil return line and fittings ( mine is way too long and not letting gravity return oil so it’s leaking out the exhaust housing and smoking like a coal train) then my injectors should be in Monday, muffler and vband connectors, 3” trubendz exhaust tubing, tires so i can get an alignment for tuning, 4bar map sensor, and a spare replacement wideband o2 sensor for my aem failsafe just Incase mine takes a shit again. Last one failed after a couple months lol

also the bumper fits perfect. I did away with the stock bumper support and made my own with the intercooler mounted about 1” from the ac condensor. All I’m worried about is the bov being right there. But the bar i made sits 2” further towards the car than the oem push bar so i think it’ll be alright. I really want to keep my foglights but right now it’s looking like I’ll only keep the pass side. But i could be wrong. I had to test fit my old bumper that i cracked, and also already cut the bumper out for the first time i mounted. Lol

oh and today i got all the gauges, turbo timer, all the electronics wired in and tucked the boost solenoid and such. My boost and oil press gauges have stupid sensors. Should have bought mechanical ones. Lol

annnnd i forgot i got the ac recharged also. Haha gotta have ac in Oklahoma. This thing is a daily though so it’s going to retain all the necessities lmao

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
He is just sending me the old head and block first stop is going to be the machine shop :D
Huuuuuh Look slick, I felt bad for you before because I thought you were in the military. Turns out your some kind of executive wrench "stuck" at a hoe-down in. How many comparable machine shops are there? Heres my advice as you are way younger than me. For the cost of sending all that over to you...YOU could buy a Samsonite and ship your own ass back here. Hell OJ for a few bucks would probably run you through the airport and hook you up with a rental car! Probably don't even remember those commercials do you.
IDK, I was young once and had it all..I could go on and on here. One thing I've learned is there is NO substitute for years on this earth. Fuc H.S it was a joke, was it not? All those "popular" people. You were smart to get a trade. Don't disappoint me. It's not to late for you! Still I like you. I root for your failure though so I can be happy? :confused::confused::p:oops::cool:

·
Registered
375 Posts
??????????gah damn your posts fucking light me up. Hahaha it’s a wasteland here in Oklahoma. Shit is so gay we can barely hit the gas stations now. Lol i just want to spend some quality time with some gambling machines so i can completely rebuild this car again to make it super wetttttt. I fucked up painting first then doing all this shit. Lol but yeah man the turbo build is practically complete now. I’m just waiting for the rest of my parts to come in so i can tune. New oil return line and fittings ( mine is way too long and not letting gravity return oil so it’s leaking out the exhaust housing and smoking like a coal train) then my injectors should be in Monday, muffler and vband connectors, 3” trubendz exhaust tubing, tires so i can get an alignment for tuning, 4bar map sensor, and a spare replacement wideband o2 sensor for my aem failsafe just Incase mine takes a shit again. Last one failed after a couple months lol

also the bumper fits perfect. I did away with the stock bumper support and made my own with the intercooler mounted about 1” from the ac condensor. All I’m worried about is the bov being right there. But the bar i made sits 2” further towards the car than the oem push bar so i think it’ll be alright. I really want to keep my foglights but right now it’s looking like I’ll only keep the pass side. But i could be wrong. I had to test fit my old bumper that i cracked, and also already cut the bumper out for the first time i mounted. Lol

oh and today i got all the gauges, turbo timer, all the electronics wired in and tucked the boost solenoid and such. My boost and oil press gauges have stupid sensors. Should have bought mechanical ones. Lol

annnnd i forgot i got the ac recharged also. Haha gotta have ac in Oklahoma. This thing is a daily though so it’s going to retain all the necessities lmao
This is a lot to absorb. I'm on prescips for muscle relaxation and anxiety. I had a severe neck injury awhile back and have enough titanium in my neck to give you retainers. Not to mention the cost of saving my ass that could have bought you a McLaren and maybe a date with J-LO? Then we got confounded over here in the middle of the dessert with a haram. I'll tell you I've stayed off here for a couple of day's to spare everybody. I smoke and make fun of my girlfriend. :giggle: Better her than you? I'm gonna have to send some pix just to put you two in spec. and add some credibility as to what I'm say'n. That means I'll have to go through some files and dig shit up, but I think it's worth it? If only to say I know what your doing and I remember when life was not so serious and bills where not so large and life and responsibility was far away. Take it, make it, and break it. While you can. You have plenty of time it would seem to do it all again.....Or right the first time?
Two Hummingbirds.jpg

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
This is a lot to absorb. I'm on prescips for muscle relaxation and anxiety. I had a severe neck injury awhile back and have enough titanium in my neck to give you retainers. Not to mention the cost of saving my ass that could have bought you a McLaren and maybe a date with J-LO? Then we got confounded over here in the middle of the dessert with a haram. I'll tell you I've stayed off here for a couple of day's to spare everybody. I smoke and make fun of my girlfriend. :giggle: Better her than you? I'm gonna have to send some pix just to put you two in spec. and add some credibility as to what I'm say'n. That means I'll have to go through some files and dig shit up, but I think it's worth it? If only to say I know what your doing and I remember when life was not so serious and bills where not so large and life and responsibility was far away. Take it, make it, and break it. While you can. You have plenty of time it would seem to do it all again.....Or right the first time? View attachment 565153
Oh man i wish i was still young and dumb lol truth is i own a fabrication shop here in OK. All i do is work and work on this car. The only good part is I’m single still with no kids. I’m just glad i can pay myself enough to Live. Lol somehow i got stupid good at spending money being an introvert. I feel you on the anxiety and neck injury. I broke my lower spine about 10 yrs ago so i know that scenario all too well. I just have to constantly be busy so i don’t think of everything that’s fucked off in my life lol All i know is I’m blessed or super lucky. One of the two. But in other aspects I’ve got the absolute worst luck with everything lol but this is my 2nd trial and error. Luckily this time I’ve pretty much ran into all the same problems i had with my last build so i haven’t had to spend much time fixing or changing a bunch of stuff. I do need to see some pics. I want to see a change of scenery since we’re Locked up like a whole city prison lol

·
Registered
375 Posts
I meant saving money *** lol shit.
I hear you. I've been to prison and I'd do it again...I learned to do the time and not let the time do me. I'll tell ya the red dirt in OK does not come out easyyy. LOL Money is never "lost" it simply changes hands. Don't lose site of what matters. Right now I'm concentrating on my girlfriend and our dog and eating well. I'm burning through savings. I can tell you that money comes and goes. You just have to watch as to how you make it. EASY come--EASY go. I've brushed death a couple times, why I'm still here I do not know? I can tell you if you find a good women and listen to her you will be better off? They think different than we do and in way's they are smarter. If going over your car and making an honest living keeps you out of trouble, I say go with that.
The humming birds is a pic taken by my G/F...Here's what you gotta understand. It was her cell phone. They flap there wings 1000 times a minute. They rarely land on anything. They are a man and a women, staring at each other-being still. Point is? Find the right women put her in front of you and you will be fine. Never take that for granted. I did once and I lost my wife (14 years) Now I've been with the same women for six. I got a second chance.
Come home safe and stay on your path, whatever that may be? 2F2A3596-6858-40C8-BD41-8D7DF0B4300E.jpeg 20190606_115551.jpg

21 - 40 of 65 Posts