Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driving on the highway 4th gear 65ish mph around 5k maybe. My CEL and Batt light come on. I quickly go to 6th and my reverse lockout is gone. Wont go over 3K RPM. Scanned the codes and come up with
-P0340 Camshaft postion sensor A malfunction
-P0135 Primary o2 heater cir. Malfunction
-P0141 Secondary o2 heater cir. Malfunction
-P0498 EVAP canister Vent shut valve low voltage
-Reverse lockout gone

Seems like an ECU problem. Everything leads back to it. I'm running stock ecu with megan RH, skunk2 60mm catback, and a SRI. Car is an 05 type s. I looked under the hood harness looks fine. I'm stuck at work didn't get to look over it thoroughly. Any help is great. Thanks! Also I shoot flames a foot out from what I'm told.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Driving on the highway 4th gear 65ish mph around 5k maybe. My CEL and Batt light come on. I quickly go to 6th and my reverse lockout is gone. Wont go over 3K RPM. Scanned the codes and come up with
-P0340 Camshaft postion sensor A malfunction
-P0135 Primary o2 heater cir. Malfunction
-P0141 Secondary o2 heater cir. Malfunction
-P0498 EVAP sol. Vent shut
Could this be an ECU problem? I'm running stock ecu with megan RH, skunk2 60mm catback, and a SRI. Car is an 05 type s. I looked under the hood harness looks fine. I'm stuck at work didn't get to look over it thoroughly. I need help. Thanks!
I think the best bet is to just take it to an experienced mechanic. Sounds like there are multiple issues that need to be addressed. How long have u had the car for?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am an experienced mechanic. There are multiple issues which came completely out of no where. Which is why it leads me to believe its the ecu. I've had the car almost 2 years it has 41098 miles on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reverse lockout is also controlled by the ecu. I took that out but I don't see any burn marks top or bottom. Still would like some input. Anyone close to philly willing to let me try their ecu or vice versa?

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
I would suspect the ECU wiring harness as the cause of all these unrelated CELs. Else the ECU itself. I'd test the harness (the pins for the involved sensors) from the ECU end of the harness. The Helms manual probably has a procedure for this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would suspect the ECU wiring harness as the cause of all these unrelated CELs. Else the ECU itself. I'd test the harness (the pins for the involved sensors) from the ECU end of the harness. The Helms manual probably has a procedure for this.
Thank you for your input! My #4 fuse for the alt. Was blown. I put another 10a fuse in and reconnected my ECU. All codes are gone. Started it and let it idle and still no codes. When I drive it home ill know forsure but the cam position code was why my o2 sensor codes where there. Worst comes to worse ill have to replace that sensor.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, my problems are solved. I'm running a defouler on my RH and my secondary o2 somehow backed it self out of it and was shorting out on the body. Tightened it real good and I'm back to my normal CEL and code which is P0137 secondary o2 low voltage. That's a regular code I have. I think its cause of it being a universal o2.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts