Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled out my z1 engine and am the process of installing a 06 k24a2...My question is...What belt size do I need or will the stock one work? I still have AC and PS and was just wondering which belt is everyone running...? Thanks

·
k > b
1,010 Posts
I just pulled out my z1 engine and am the process of installing a 06 k24a2...My question is...What belt size do I need or will the stock one work? I still have AC and PS and was just wondering which belt is everyone running...? Thanks
i think it'll work if you swap over your k20z1 crank pulley onto the k24a2 longblock. iirc the k24a2 uses the same crank pulley as the rest of the k24's and the k20a3.

G

·
Why don't you just call Autozone or Pep Boys and ask them?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is the TSX doesn't have an actual PS pump. I'll swap the Crank Pulley with the 05 RSX-S and see if the belt would work. I'm just not sure if it'll compensate for the extra height of the k24. Thanks...look forward for some pics of the install..

·
regrets selling the rsx
1,195 Posts
just mount all the pulleys and accessories you want/need, and throw a string around it and measure. napa or any good auto parts store should have a belt close to what you'll need. easier than hoping something will work.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good thought...last resort, I'll try that. I was just hoping that someone had already done the swap and knew the required length needed. Thanks...no one else has a k24 Dc5?

·
regrets selling the rsx
1,195 Posts
i have a k24, but i used the entire water passage off my k20a2 on my k24. by using the k20a2 passage and stock k20a2 crank, i used a stock k20a2 belt. power steering, a/c, alt....worked fine. i don't know how the k24 passages are different; i did it because i wanted the oem oil cooler off the k20 block on the k24.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts