Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow rsx owners. My mechanic recently told me I need new ball joints (front lower) After doing some research I found some aftermarket from mevotech that they say fits 05-06 rsx (pn ms60508) these are only 30cad a piece cause its just the ball joint where as acura wants 300cad a piece because it comes with the whole knucle. id much rather do just the ball joint considering the price difference but my mechanic says he might have to do the whole knucle, why idk...ive read all the ball joint threads and even heard of ppl using 98 prelude ball joints. just wondering if anyone has any evperience with this it would be a great help. thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Iguess what im asking is, is it nessisary to replace the knuckle as well? ive found a couple of places that sell just the ball joints for the 05/06 rsx.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just pressed new ball joints in my knuckles with my vice and was super easy but I also cooled the ball joint in the fridge and warmed my knuckle up by the fireplace and they almost slipped right in

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just pressed new ball joints in my knuckles with my vice and was super easy but I also cooled the ball joint in the fridge and warmed my knuckle up by the fireplace and they almost slipped right in
You're driving an 02.

05-06 don't have cheap aftermarket parts on the ball joints.

OP, get the knuckles. You won't have to worry about it for 5+ years. If you get the ball joints, they'll tend to go in about 2.

If your mechanic's good, you won't need new ABS sensors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
05-06 don't have cheap aftermarket parts on the ball joints.
I found K-tuned and hardrace offer ball joints for the 05-06 starting at $68 for a pair of hardrace ball joints on kseriesparts.com

·
Registered
213 Posts
I found K-tuned and hardrace offer ball joints for the 05-06 starting at $68 for a pair of hardrace ball joints on kseriesparts.com
Huh.

Since when did they start offering that. Last time I checked there was only the roll centre adjusting ones, and those are $150-170 a set.

Still sorely lacking compared to the vast number of options for 02-04.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Huh.

Since when did they start offering that. Last time I checked there was only the roll centre adjusting ones, and those are $150-170 a set.

Still sorely lacking compared to the vast number of options for 02-04.
Not sure when but there are options and the rca ball joints didn't make much difference on my car anyway. True, very lacking in that department

·
+ Displacement
604 Posts
Ball joint

it is true that 98 prelude ball joint fits the 05-06 type s lower control arm.

I have it on my 03 type S. Been 3 years now.

I got the ACdelco ball joint.

good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
it is true that 98 prelude ball joint fits the 05-06 type s lower control arm.

I have it on my 03 type S. Been 3 years now.

I got the ACdelco ball joint.

good luck.
Yea im using the 98 lude ball joints in my 06.. been about 6 months now with no issues.

OP - id reccomend using these ball joints as they were pretty cheap and feel good. My mechanic told me i had to replace the entire knuckle assembly aswell for both sides which was gunna be like $800 with labour. Got it done for less than half of that with the prelude joints.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts