Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
the non-poster
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i figured my dyno sheet would be a good addition to the archives for people who want to search for it later on... so here it is.

the car is bone stock in the baseline, just broken in with about 1100 miles. after about 3 or 4 runs, the injen was installed on the dyno and we did 3 runs about 2.5 hours after the baseline.. so this is pretty much as accurate as it can get. the lines below are the best of each setup

sorry for CAI line cutting out up top... we couldn't get a very strong tach signal. it still shows the peak power, or at least damn close to peak power. freaking coipacks...

not too shabby for 220 bucks. 9whp and pretty much 5-6 wtq all across the board. :thumbsup:

hope this helps anyone in question :)

·
the non-poster
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we'll have to see... i think when it loosens up a little, a little more power will be put down like you guys said.

when i install a rh i'll baseline it again to see how much power it picks up.

·
Registered
2003 Acura RSX 5spd
4,010 Posts
+9whp with a cai!??? :wtf: I ran way to lean with mine and lost 2whp!

·
the non-poster
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LEAN?!

i ran sooo rich before the intake, and still really rich after the intake. although its not pictured, i believe it was at 10.9 a/f ratio at 7900rpm w/ the intake and 10.7 w/out. never went anywhere above 12.5 a/f while at WOT.

thats really strange that you ran lean...

·
Speedy
1,171 Posts
Lightning said:
+9whp with a cai!??? :wtf: I ran way to lean with mine and lost 2whp!

leaner = more power, not less...... so you had other problems - like heat!

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
neema said:
^^^ and in those circumstances i'de stick with the lower a/f just to keep everything cooler. park83 speaks the truth, leaner doesn't always mean more power

Yup, I stick with about 12.7 to 12.8 AF. Its another measure of protection against knock. Especially if youre running more timing.

·
CNN's smart ass 'lil bro
1,540 Posts
RSXM loves to rip images off.

I still order stuff from 'em tho :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.