Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just blew a left lower ball joint and I am being told by everyone that I have to purchase the entire knuckle. I saw BC sells some balljoints... but my car is not lowered. My car is completely stock suspension. Is there anything I can do to not have to purchase the whole knuckle? Will the BC ball joints work if my car isn't lowered? Or is there any other company that sells them for the 06 type S?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Has anybody done this before? Nobody in that thread followed and said it did indeed work. Would Any brand lower ball joint for the 97-01 prelude work? I would assume as long as it's for the 98 prelude? I ordered a duralast one from autozone cause they could have it by tonight. The only thing that made me skeptical is that the acdelco part number that guy said he got was about $48 on amazon and the duralast one I just ordered was $15

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I just saw that. But he is using the acdelco part. I ordered the duralast ball joint for the 97-01 prelude cause autozone could get it tonight. it should be the same as the acdelco part right? I guess as long as the body diameter and overall length is the same as what soltarius2000 posted I should be good right?It just made me think twice about getting it because it was only $14 whereas the acdelco piece was $48

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I just saw that. But he is using the acdelco part. I ordered the duralast ball joint for the 97-01 prelude cause autozone could get it tonight. it should be the same as the acdelco part right? I guess as long as the body diameter and overall length is the same as what soltarius2000 posted I should be good right?It just made me think twice about getting it because it was only $14 whereas the acdelco piece was $48
But it is good to see that someone posted a long term review of the fix.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I just got the duralast part looks like the same part as the acdelco part in the link above. The measurements soltarius2000 posted was body diameter of 43.05mm and 88.38mm overall length. The duralast measured 43.05 body dia but only about 86.38mm overall length which is 2mm (.07") shorter than what soltarius2000 posted. It was kind of hard to measure the length tho so maybe it's a little longer and the threaded end is bent slightly at an angle, maybe soltarius measured his straight. Idk. But I don't think the threaded length would have much impact on anything I think the more important length would be where the castle but bottoms out cause that is where the control arm will sit. Anyone have one to measure that? Has anyone used the duralast one? Part no is fa2085
I am also wondering if I need to have the alignment or camber checked after this?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts