Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Pro's - satisfaction of having a newer transmission..
Con's - are there really any?? While it's out put a TSX 6th in there..

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
pro's = none
con's = Will scratch roof, dent
lol, funny, but not productive.

Pros will be newer tranny
cons is cost

Question though, are they pretty much the same transmission, just the different years have a different variant of the k20 (200hp motor)? If it is (or isnt), you could be buying an abused tranny, so there could be some risk.

might I ask, but why do you want to replace your tranny?

·
SuwoopinK20Z
1,830 Posts
the 05-06 has the Type R Final Drive. So if you put it in an older model I think you will need something (a sensor) so that the speedo will work and you will be sacraficing top speed for acceleration. 05/06 > 02-04 in acceleration but 05-06<02-04 in top speed. Thats the only difference I am almost 100% sure.

·
Fast_na_ras
332 Posts
the 05-06 has the Type R Final Drive. So if you put it in an older model I think you will need something (a sensor) so that the speedo will work and you will be sacraficing top speed for acceleration. 05/06 > 02-04 in acceleration but 05-06<02-04 in top speed. Thats the only difference I am almost 100% sure.
:iamwiths::iamwiths:

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
no shit.

you're gonna need a brand new flame suit in this forum
wasn't trying to start anything negative, I found the comment hilarious. But as I said, a bit of a useless ramble for his question.

ok, sinister-s found the performance pro's and cons. Faster accel, but slower top speed for the stock transmissions. I guess the big question from here would be, is that accel difference enough to spring up some $$$ for a newer, but still used transmission. A reflash or something would give more bang for the buck, unless you really f*cked up your current transmission.

·
GT30R &gt; Traction
3,829 Posts
you don'e have the power to run out your top gear in the 04 or the 06. The 06 is better becouse of the FD 4.7 to 4.3 and the third gear issues that have been solved.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
what are the pros and cons of putting a 06 type s tranny on a 04 type s?? im running injen cold air/ buddyclub race header/ k teller 3 inch/stage 2 exedy clutch?
well muh tranny is prettymuch fucked and i can get an 05 06 tranny for about 6 hundred bucks witch is really good price and also it has about 20k on it. i allready have k pro so..... just wondering if i should go with 04 tran or 05
So which is it?? An 04, 05, or 06 tranny?

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
So which is it?? An 04, 05, or 06 tranny?
I think he was refering to the 02-04 body style type-s transmissions to the 05-06 type-s transmission. He mentioned he found a complete 05-06 transmission for cheap, and wanted to see if it was feasible to use on his older car.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
What he said

·
Banned
21,941 Posts
I run a Z1 tranny in my 02. There aren't any problems with it, if that's what you're asking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts