Mugen Twinloop Exhaust

Transmission: (shouldnt affect #'s)
Competition Stage 1 Clutch
Fidanza 8lb Aluminum Flywheel
5.062 Final Drive

if you wana know the other mods suspension etc just ask

thin red line is baseline pull [cai cal street tuned by daniel]
thicker red and green lines were the last two pulls

Tuned by Daniel aka palmerblock and Shawn Church of Church Automotive :iptf: :chuck:

Baseline #'s: 219.5hp & 164.5tq
Final Numbers: 235.6hp & 174.47tq
i gained 16peak hp and 10 peak tq, and a solid 10tq throughout the powerband
[for you dynapack haters...= ~215whp/~160wtq on a jet]

vtec was set @ 2650 rpms :vtec: :pimp car loved the high cam and just kept making power with the lower vtec

HUGE thanks to Daniel as he rebuilt my motor after the spun bearing, street tuned it and dyno tuned it :beerchug: and also thanks to bigwerm racing:thumbsup:

i also think i could have hit 240 if i had a more efficient exhaust...FYI the twinloop's ID is 2inches where it meets the bcrh and grows to 2.4inches by the resonator then getting smaller again when circulating thru the twinloop muffler

so a quick review, i think the 06 tsx cams are good mild cams, i was very impressed with the torque curve, the car feels SO SMOOTH. i would not buy these cams brand new, definitely not worth it if bought brand new (~$600) but if you happen to find a used set for a decent price i would go for it if you are an 02-04, IMO i dont think it'd be worth the upgrade from 05-06

i got mine for about the same price as itr cams so i said why not when i already got the motor open at the time

any questions/comments welcomed! thanks for looking! maybe daniel will chime in with his thoughts ;]

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
now that you're tuned, alex, we need to have another go where you DON'T get the jump on me.

Plus, be ready for when I put in my 4.7 FD....acceleration will be more equal now. ;)

·
Q_Q
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
wow i like the torque numbers....seems like a strong midrange for a k20.

so when can i get a ride in ur beast at cal poly? hahah
i have been wanting the TSX cams too, but its just on my list of many things to do on the car lol.
lol just hit me up if you see me:thumbsup:

Was the baselines numbers full tuned for cam angles and such too?
nope, the baseline #'s was only af/ignition street tuned

cool, good numbers
thanks kevin :thumbsup:

now that you're tuned, alex, we need to have another go where you DON'T get the jump on me.

Plus, be ready for when I put in my 4.7 FD....acceleration will be more equal now. ;)
lol doesnt matter, your still guna pull boeing 747 lengths on me:shakehead

q_q

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts

q_q
LoL q_q

It's all about the race man! Besides, we need to see your power in action on the strip and at willow now.

·
Q_Q
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looking good man :thumbsup:
thanks dohc, glad to see your still on clubrsx :thumbsup:

LoL q_q

It's all about the race man! Besides, we need to see your power in action on the strip and at willow now.
lol yeah, we needa go jon vs you vs doug vs me while everyone else blocks all lanes of the 405 freeway :rotfl:

all i need are some nice coils and ill be ready for willow :spin: ohh and also that $900 carbon fiber helmet :laughing:

·
Models <3 my Nikon..
7,436 Posts
nice numbers.. def a nice alternative in terms of cams.. more aggressive than I thought they were gonna be.. congrats..

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

q_q

I wonder what the difference would be like if it was fully tuned as well. Still this is impressive man thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

·
tq is nice
2,881 Posts
very nice...i soon too will have a dyno of my not stock honda cams...k20z3....hopin to get som good numbers as well....

·
Q_Q
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice Torque Curve. You've been "palmerblocked" :thumbsup: He tunes quite well. I wonder how he learned?
he learns from the best;)

very nice...i soon too will have a dyno of my not stock honda cams...k20z3....hopin to get som good numbers as well....
post up when you do! i'd like to see how they compare to the tsx cams:thumbsup:

thanks for all the comments everyone:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 151 Posts