Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing research and have not been able to find a definitive answer. I found a 2006 Civic Si at a steal for a price, only thing wrong is the clutch is going out, and the suspension is gone also. I already found out that the clutch from the type s is interchangeable with the Si.
My question is, would the suspension also be interchangeable? They look fairly similar, but I can't say for sure. I just upgraded the suspension on my Type S, and I have the OEM one just laying around......so can anyone confirm that it will/won't fit? Before I go buy it lol.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I've been doing research and have not been able to find a definitive answer. I found a 2006 Civic Si at a steal for a price, only thing wrong is the clutch is going out, and the suspension is gone also. I already found out that the clutch from the type s is interchangeable with the Si.
My question is, would the suspension also be interchangeable? They look fairly similar, but I can't say for sure. I just upgraded the suspension on my Type S, and I have the OEM one just laying around......so can anyone confirm that it will/won't fit? Before I go buy it lol.
NO, they aren't compatible! Check out pics of the rear shocks and compare them. The Rsx rear shock is much shorter and more compact. Fronts are set at a different angle and they are a different size.

Now if you want to fabricate them to work, by all means..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts