Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

· know1edge
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure the car below is very close to what tried racing me tonight on the freeway. No exhaust on the talon, only thing I could tell mods wise was he had a boost guage on the pillar. Anyways, started around 65 and I was pulling the whole time up to 110+.
I'd say about 4-5 car lengths? :confused:
Those cars aren't slow. I think they are rated 190 stock and only weigh around 2500 lbs, lol

· Entrepreneur
1,146 Posts
Show more tits or :bsflag:

· Fastest BUILT car on CRSX
2,068 Posts
Looking at your mods, it was probably bone stock..

· I love my rally car
5,693 Posts
Looking at your mods, it was probably bone stock..
c'mon now, it's not like the talon is gonna maintain all that factory hp after 14 years. That talon was probably out of shape with compression leaks and other problems.

2,068 Posts
c'mon now, it's not like the talon is gonna maintain all that factory hp after 14 years. That talon was probably out of shape with compression leaks and other problems.
WTF are you talking about? :confused:

I said it was stock, I never said anything about its condition.. :dontknow:

A RSX could beat a stock DSM especially from a roll with the mods that the OP has. Its 100% believable.

· I love my rally car
5,693 Posts
WTF are you talking about? :confused:

I said it was stock, I never said anything about its condition.. :dontknow:

A RSX could beat a stock DSM especially from a roll with the mods that the OP has. Its 100% believable.
what I'm trying to say is that it was modded, maybe at least an mbc? who knows, but an old modded car would probably make the same power as it did when it was brand new stock, that's what i was tryin to say.

2,068 Posts
what I'm trying to say is that it was modded, maybe at least an mbc? who knows, but an old modded car would probably make the same power as it did when it was brand new stock, that's what i was tryin to say.
Well yeah MBC is quite likely especially considering the gauge. Who knows. But as far as everything else goes it was probably pretty close to stock or it was near stock boost.

· Turbo Sedan
162 Posts
damm, i was gonna say ibTSimage but he's already here, anyways, a stock 1st gen dsm...will be on the slower side considering its age...but after a full tune up and a big 16G......beware of sleeper.

· Banned
1,038 Posts
o shit, look who's back:wavey::rotfl:

16g sleeper? gimme a break.....those things can run MUCH better turbo's than that for next to no money......16g on a 4g63 is a waste of time, that engine is capable of handling so much more you'd be dumb not to go bigger.....

any turbo upgrades on that turbo sedan yet? im already bored with the 18g lol, 20g is in the mail:w00t:

· Turbo Sedan
162 Posts
i know ^^, i was just giving an example, on how easy it is for a dsm to make decent power.

· Banned
1,038 Posts
true... hell when im done with subaru's and get me a decent daily driver like an s2000 or the newer z, im really considering getting myself a beater 1st gen to tinker with...i think itd be fun to have a pos car like that in the backyard i can work on when im bored and make it badass....gut the interior, install roll cage, pull the motor/drivetrain and just take my time and rebuild everything from the ground up, i think that would be great...either a dsm or a turbo miata, i know it sounds crazy, but im really impressed at what people do to them for under 10k: crazy ass suspension setup, built turbo'd engine puttin down 300+ whp (keep in mind its weight and that number is very impressive all of a sudden), etc etc etc......overabundance of used and new parts, as well as many have taken that route before and lots of people out there to ask questions....it think itd be awesome...now it wouldnt absolutely have to be a dsm, but something along those lines

· Turbo Sedan
162 Posts
true... hell when im done with subaru's and get me a decent daily driver like an s2000 or the newer z, im really considering getting myself a beater 1st gen to tinker with...i think itd be fun to have a pos car like that in the backyard i can work on when im bored and make it badass....gut the interior, install roll cage, pull the motor/drivetrain and just take my time and rebuild everything from the ground up, i think that would be great...either a dsm or a turbo miata, i know it sounds crazy, but im really impressed at what people do to them for under 10k: crazy ass suspension setup, built turbo'd engine puttin down 300+ whp (keep in mind its weight and that number is very impressive all of a sudden), etc etc etc......

my thoughts exactly

and to the people saying,
dsm = powwa , dsm =break...plz shut up.
any car that you heavily mod is gonna break sooner or later, stop being a crybaby

· Banned
1,038 Posts
even if you take your time and replace all the problematic parts?:dontknow:
i dont think that with a freshly rebuilt engine and tranny, with quality aftermarket supporting mods for the turbo along with proper maintenance will be as bad as some of these kids racing them all stock and old as fuck, in need of a rebuild years ago....am i wrong?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.