Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skipping all the boring stuff, my proposition is to use the '07 civic Si airbox and inlet tube, mounted in the stock position in my '05 RSX Type S. Just looking at the diagram below it appears that it may work.

For purposes of Throttle Response while road racing.
Thoughts? Would this work?:dontknow:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have a fujita cai installed. I also have the SRI too. Looking to explore more options.
Thoughts?

It appears as though it mounts to the transmission similar to our stock airbox

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
If anything get the inlet pipe and use your stock rsx airbox.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would think you would loose power if anything going to a stock airbox
I agree that there would be a reduction in top end power. However, the Si airbox utilizes a panel filter, enabling more efficient airflow than our cone filter in the box. My thinking behind this is that with a duct, this could be similar to mugen box, but work with the RBC manifold.

·
take off eh
52,723 Posts
:dontknow: up to u if u wanna do this then. i would be concerned that its not a direct bolt in. but if ur willing to modify to fit, then go for it and see how it goes

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I'd be curious to see if the dc5 stock airbox works with the si intake elbow on the rbc manifold. i've got a mugen box and was wondering if the rbc would work with that set up. btw, if you need an intake duct, i've got one for sale in the classifieds:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=566418

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
840 Posts
This weekend i'm going to try this...

·
Registered
840 Posts
the issue that i have now is that the plastic Si tube is 70mm inner diameter and wont fit my 70mm throttle body

1 - 16 of 16 Posts