Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Street Chemist
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well there are some upgrades to the new wrx. Here is a short review on it. There is no specific numbers yet so I don't wanna here "what does it do in the quarter". I'm going to do a search and see if there are some numbers out there but I'm pretty sure there isn't. Also everyone knows there are only a handful of people that like the looks of these cars so 50 posts of "looks like shit still", "ugly", "I get more girls in my rsx". :laughing: It's just nice to see a step up in performance and the demise of the re92. Also they are doing the same thing with the sedan version too. I think that looks pretty decent too.

Basically running the same rims only they come in anthracite, no more re92's and running dunlop sports so I'm sure it handles far better then the 08' did and even any other stock us wrx. Instead of upgrading the ecu or something like that they actually are running a bigger turbo. Who knows what it is but that obviously is way better then the past. He then goes to say the stock 08's feel like the power of the older wrx stage 2's. Not bad for 25k. Subaru has thrown down the gauntlet and listened to the enthusiasts.

Enjoy

http://www.drivingsports.com/blog/2008/08/2009-subaru-wrx.html

·
Street Chemist
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Fuck. I just can't get accustomed to the new look; I think that it's one of the ugliest cars to make production. I LOVE the 06-07 WRX/STI styling. Any news if the WRX sedan will be changed?

·
Street Chemist
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fuck. I just can't get accustomed to the new look; I think that it's one of the ugliest cars to make production. I LOVE the 06-07 WRX/STI styling. Any news if the WRX sedan will be changed?
Yeah it'll get the same kinda upgrades also. It'll come with the better looking grill and wheels and other minor appearance upgrades along with the power and handling upgrade obviously.

·
Street Chemist
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i must be crazy bc Ive liked the way this car looks since day 1. :dontknow:
I obviously will always think my body style was the best but I know each style can look awesome if done up right. It's the same with these body styles. Now they'll just look a little better stock then the 08's. It's better then keeping the bland styling in the 08 wrx's. It's a nice move in a good direction.

·
GS...yes plz
3,204 Posts
I obviously will always think my body style was the best but I know each style can look awesome if done up right. It's the same with these body styles. Now they'll just look a little better stock then the 08's. It's better then keeping the bland styling in the 08 wrx's. It's a nice move in a good direction.
yours IS the best looking body style.

for me its RS > bugeye > hawkeye > blobeye > new model (idk what the nickname is for this generation)... :thumbsup:

·
Street Chemist
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yours IS the best looking body style.

for me its RS > bugeye > hawkeye > blobeye > new model (idk what the nickname is for this generation)... :thumbsup:
It's hard for me to come up with an order because I think all of them can look really nice with the right things done to them. I don't like to pick favorites. Might make a body style upset then they'll get in trouble with the law and do drugs. :laughing:

·
Street Chemist
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2004-2005 is the best looking imo. :giggity:
I think all of them can look awesome when done right. I think this will obviously be the best performing wrx put out in the states. I hope they come with the 4 pots also.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts