Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
P500 Sport
6,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for anyone that might have compared to the two of these subs. I have had a few different sets of the Punch Power DVC over the years, but am curious if 1 13Av.2 would be comparable and/or "better" than 2 12" Rockford. Both would take basically the same size box (Vented Enclosure option from eD), so spacing is not the primary question...quality/sound/depth of bass.

Thoughts?

·
P500 Sport
6,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, my last setup with 2 of these RF subs flexed my windshield LOL. Maybe looking to try eD, but only if it's comparable/better to quality of the old school RF gear.

·
P500 Sport
6,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Edit: the "final" solution will be a custom made fiberglass box (which I made one in the spare tire wheel well for the 2 12"...7lbs enclosure for dual 12's FTW!!!!), but for now, looking at just running a standard box (until I want hatch space back).

·
P500 Sport
6,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With that being said, let me ask you this:

For that eD sub, they offer the larger vented box (27.5x17x15.5) or a smaller sealed (15x15x15). So if I did want to "have space", how would 1 13Av2 in the 15x15x15 box sound vs the vented box? As then, I could have space in the hatch and make a pretty close FG box to replace the 15x15x15 box.

In short: sound quality between the 2 boxes I suppose would be the question.

·
Burr
2,020 Posts
You could give the sub more power to make up for the lack of space

but then it might get peaky

If u need to save space, look for subs that work in small ported.

a high powered 10 can work such as the fi q or ssa icon

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Ported vs sealed the AV.2 behaves totally differently, you want to go ported, as it is a pretty tame sub when sealed very accurate and loud. ported is has a lot more output and becomes a beast, I really didn't lose much in the way of output going from a 19Ov.2 sealed to the 13AV.2 ported granted my tuning is lower than most peeps would go as going to a 32 hz or tuning most people would use would give it even more output

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.