Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so far I havent been able to break into the high 14's yet. The only mod I have is a v2. Lastime out I ran a 15.2 but I can never seem to get a better 60 than 2.4. The v2 did add some improvement over stock before the v2 i was getting 15.5

Any tips or ideas? My friend said I should take out the spare tire and jack and let some air out the tires and that should get me into the high 14's.

Id like to try and break into the 14's before I get hondata in a couple months.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
You are not the first guy from Hawaii I have seen having problems with their 60's. Its prolly more due to the track than from your driving. Are you getting a lot of wheel spin, at what rpm are you launching at? But in any case, lower front tire pressure to 18-20psi, rears to 44psi, take out spare/sub/seats/tools. If that doesnt work get some motor mount inserts by ES or get some stickier tires the Azenis(cheapest) or Hoosier drag radials (steep price).

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Launching at about 4k rpm. Wheels dont seem to spin too bad then again Im not sure what a good launch should be. Next time out I'll try adjusting the tire pressures. Im curious as to why raising the rear tire pressure would help. Im sure theres a good reason but Im just curious why

:spin:

Also how hard is it to remove the rear seats.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Raise rear tire pressure to reduce drag, it increases your trapspeeds and prolly your ETs.

The seats, very easy...

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Your tire pressure is everything right now. As stated above start the fronts at 22~25 and drop 1~2 psi per run till you are feeling good grip. Don't go much below 16psi as your trap speeds will suffer. Back psi should be as high as you dare go - I have been up to 55psi but don't advise it...=)

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
same situation as you..
ran a 15.1 with a 2.3 60' launching at 3500, although i only trapped 91mph.
i had massive, massive wheelhop but was netting pretty consecutive 60' times.
i'm going for the torque damper when it's out for the 05's, and i got rid of my v2.
i'd say get the damper, esmm's and a stickier set of tires. that should get you into the 14's with v2. Maybe even a better launch and some faster shifting?

edit: what the hell this thread is 2 years old :blah:

·
Banned
9,776 Posts
nowak18 said:
motor mounts all the way. I had the same problem. they're cheap and easy to install. worth every penny.
i like the esmm's, but after installing mine, i went to tha track and had some major wheel hop nonetheless...:jigglemad .. wonder if the torque dampener is any better....:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts