Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to help me build it buy providing a list of parts???
I don't want any drastic weight reductions. No hytech!!!
Right now im thinking
Toda kit cams springs and flash
Tada header
Toda Pistons
Toda fly wheel and clutch
mugen exhaust
light weight rims
drag radials
lsd
new radiator
short throw shifter
cold air intake
will this combo get me at lease close to 12s what do you guys think???
If not give me your on list or add on to mine what ever just help me out... And for those of u who think its not possible well think again and dont post negative thing please. Buy the way if your wondering how ill pay for this stuff im sponsered. big discount:spin:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Are you sure that toda's pistons and headers released yet? Although i do like what you have planned! I think i heard somewhere that you will be able to reach low-13s with the toda engine kit + i/h/e... good luck, post results!:)

oh and i think you would also benifit from the type R intake manifold with this setup... maybe a bored/big bore throttlebody

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
One thing that might need to be addressed- if you use the toda flash with the DC5R intake, you're not going to gain as much as the intake can offer. Search around the forum, and you'll find that in order to take advantage of the high air-flow cababilities of the R mani, you have to change alot of the maps. To make the setup work proper, you'd need to get a custom flash, which is a pain in the ass..., also you'll want final drive from type R.

peter, you'd know better than me, but am I on the right track?

·
what the problem is ?
3,875 Posts
what if you get Hodata K20A flash and intake manifold, but then hes getting the whole toda package, but still i think he'd b fine with toda ecu and R manifold

Peter, do you think its worth to get R manifold with stock ECU?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
manifold

Sacrifice said:
One thing that might need to be addressed- if you use the toda flash with the DC5R intake, you're not going to gain as much as the intake can offer. Search around the forum, and you'll find that in order to take advantage of the high air-flow cababilities of the R mani, you have to change alot of the maps. To make the setup work proper, you'd need to get a custom flash, which is a pain in the ass..., also you'll want final drive from type R.

peter, you'd know better than me, but am I on the right track?
Ok glad you asked because I spoke with alan at toda and he said that the kit will work better with the R manifold.It helps the engine breath above 7800,I was also mentioning to alan that the reason being was the R flash from hondata,then he also said that this engine kit was mainly designed for the type-r motor upgrade.So toda's cams are more agressive than type-r so more air flow,thus type-r intake manifold.

Bp82rsxs the stock ecu cuts out to early to see any gains up top.You will make more power with stock manifold,and stock ecu.I would not do the R manifold unless you get the type-r flash or toda flash.

·
vwls r fr psss
482 Posts
Dude, settle down - you gotta wait longer than 45 minutes to get answers, this isn't a chat room.

You mean break into 14's? Absolutely - people have gotten low 14's with just a CAI & Hondata reflash. I think 13's are well within reach without cams.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.