Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with an RSX hit 12's on street tires yet?

I may be going to the track on sunday and I want to try and see what I can do. Just wondering who has done it...

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
Ive asked this question a few times and never really got an answer. I was wondering if there are any FWD cars to hit 12s or better on REAL street tires, ie. daily driver tires, not Drag Radials or Slicks.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
Type-S150 said:
Ive asked this question a few times and never really got an answer. I was wondering if there are any FWD cars to hit 12s or better on REAL street tires, ie. daily driver tires, not Drag Radials or Slicks.
That is pushing it, street tires just don't have the right compound to get the traction needed to get a FWD into the 12's. I am sure that it happens, but it takes a lot of work.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
K20A2 said:
There are 2 that I know of and several that are close on slicks...
Who have hit 12's on STREET TIRES (radials are fine) and what setup are they running?

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
ill hopefully come back with some 12 sec time slips tomorrow night. Ive got my skinnies, hondata img, changed my oil, and will shift way faster and my slicks are actually getting broken in every time im out

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Some guy here that has Turbo he runs 11's in slicks and 13s with streets forgot his user name

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
well i hit 13.2 with 8psi before screwing up my tranny, i think with practice and my new final drive installed i really can hit 12's, and by upping the boost to 10psi and taking out the drivers side seat and possibley the rear seat as well...thats my ultimate goal at this point and im on falken azenis on the stock rims with stock tire size...

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Inprogress2 said:
well i hit 13.2 with 8psi before screwing up my tranny, i think with practice and my new final drive installed i really can hit 12's, and by upping the boost to 10psi and taking out the drivers side seat and possibley the rear seat as well...thats my ultimate goal at this point and im on falken azenis on the stock rims with stock tire size...
this should help me break 12's

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
call me stupid but skinnies are the samething as slicks right?...and i wanna attain 12's with street tires, and if need be then ill go as far as drag radials but not slicks...

·
Registered
267 Posts
many many honda's(not RSX's yet) have goin 12's on radials that is really no big deal. most of the guys faster than that aren't really using street tires cause it would be pointless wheel spin. example would be fishers hatch from inline pro. on 225/50/15 BFG DR's he went [email protected] which means that car is spinning then hauling ass in 4th and 5th down the track. on the other hand the car went [email protected] on slicks so he gained 10mph because of actually gettin traction in the 1st 3 gears. point is you can hit 12's on radials and if you make enough power I am sure you could spin your way to 12's on true streets. good luck guys

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HardcoreRsxS said:
this should help me break 12's

peace out
HARDCORE mikey
i didnt make it out to the track this time...but good luck on that...LOL

i want to hit 12's with full interior on street tires (ex: azenis)

·
Bitch where's my Money!
844 Posts
BoostedITR41 said:
many many honda's(not RSX's yet) have goin 12's on radials that is really no big deal. most of the guys faster than that aren't really using street tires cause it would be pointless wheel spin. example would be fishers hatch from inline pro. on 225/50/15 BFG DR's he went [email protected] which means that car is spinning then hauling ass in 4th and 5th down the track. on the other hand the car went [email protected] on slicks so he gained 10mph because of actually gettin traction in the 1st 3 gears. point is you can hit 12's on radials and if you make enough power I am sure you could spin your way to 12's on true streets. good luck guys
now i may be wrong but i believe it was brian fisher who ran 11.0 in the green hatch. and other then the turbo kit he is rather clost to stock. he has srp pistons and other then that the bottom end is stock. he ran thattime full interior on street tires. he is confident he could drop another .5 second if he puts more effortinto it but he's realy working on his race car more then anything

·
Registered
267 Posts
k20a2_power said:
now i may be wrong but i believe it was brian fisher who ran 11.0 in the green hatch. and other then the turbo kit he is rather clost to stock. he has srp pistons and other then that the bottom end is stock. he ran thattime full interior on street tires. he is confident he could drop another .5 second if he puts more effortinto it but he's realy working on his race car more then anything

yeah you are right I think he may have rods but I am not even sure about that they are stock sleeves and pump gas he made 500whp. from what I know they have a "new" race car this year so I can see them working on that thing a good bit

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
[email protected]?!?!...wtf? you must have been driving the hell out of that car. Zotex, as far as 12's on street tires....you need lots of luck/skill. Its hard to feather out a cerametallic clutch, and be above sea level like we are. There are no drag radials that will fit the rsx is there??

Also, to edo, xcell, and anyone else running slicks. What do i have to do to be able to get slicks on my car? Do i just have to put base brake rotors and calipers on. Also, where is the best place for the best price on the size slicks that we would run? What size do we run? I know its a lot of questions, but please help me out. Im shooting for 11.70's or better on slicks, and 400+whp. thanks.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts