Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[email protected] 2.005 60ft

Yep Yep! [email protected] with a 2.005 60ft. Did that on falken azeni's. I'm not sure why the mph was so low, it must have been from my60ft. The timeslip is in my sig along with my mods. I have vid's from a camera that I mounted inside my car, if anyone can host them let me know. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Very nice run, and props on the 60' :thumbsup: . My STD number is 5 hp and short of yours, hoping to hit high 13s this spring, really hoping :D .

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeh the car is completely gutted out. No passenger seat, back seats, spare tire, sub and I weighed it out to 2,540lb's. I'm going back to the track today for the bracket racing competition with a couple of other things taken out for weight reduction. I'm going to weigh it again and hope to drop into the 2400's. :thumbsup:

·
Just Another Day
10,317 Posts
whoa your car weights 2,540 without that stuff?!

How much do stock RSX weigh?

·
6,981 Posts
Ke0 said:
whoa your car weights 2,540 without that stuff?!

How much do stock RSX weigh?
According to Acura, 2780 lbs. However, I don't recall seeing anybody actually weighing their stock car and it being that high.

That's an incredible time by the way. :thumbsup:

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Dont forget 2,780 is the curb weight.The approximate weight of a vehicle with a full tank of fuel but no added cargo, aftermarket accessories or passengers. Most manufacturers determine curb weight with the driver weight included in the vehicle, and the government uses 150 pounds as the average weight of a driver.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
wow pass seat back seat seat sub and the spare tire add up to 200 lbs?!

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
IF he took all that out and ran it with a quarter tank of gas or less yes 200 lbs add up

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Curb weight includes a full tank of gas so lets just guess in theory.
Stock seat=64 lbs
The back seats including bolts and what not=40 lbs
Spare tire,sub,jack,tools=50 lb
minus 9.9 gallons of fuel=80 lbs
Which=234 lbs reduced

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
Good time,you took my spot you fucker...eh eh eh

·
Registered
738 Posts
Great job...Congratulations. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thx for all the compliments guys.

eddie-I've been killing myself to beat your time, you have less mods than me! You are truly one hell of a driver, cant wait to see what you run with more power under the hood.

Today I was at the track for bracket racing, I also toke off my axle back muffler (factory), and the support bar that is under the back seats. Weighed the car with the gas light on, 2,490lb's (i normally never bother taking all this stuff out, i only did it to weigh it). :thumbsup: No new times though, I was pretty consistent today at 13.9's, then once eliminations began I won the first round but lost the 2nd round because my 2nd gear synchro is still worn, I had to double clutch it into 2nd, damn rsx tranny's!

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
DC5 RSX said:
thx for all the compliments guys.

eddie-I've been killing myself to beat your time, you have less mods than me! You are truly one hell of a driver, cant wait to see what you run with more power under the hood.
Thanks man, It will be a while before any more power though. This tranny stuff is killing me right now.
:)

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
What can be done about this tranny problem.Is it possible to adapt the synchro's from a s2000 which are carbon composite now.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts