Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would post this up for reference sake. Since I remembered to save a time slip I thought why not.

Drag strip was at Cayuga just outside of Toronto. Not a bad night weather wise.

Its either time to replace my Azenis or the track was a little slippery. It was challenging to get traction in 2nd gear.

All in all (as long as you don't break anything!!!) its always a good night when you go to the track with the boys

2002 RSX-S
Comptech Supercharger 3.3 pulley @ 8psi
RC 650's
Injen CAI
Hondata
Stock header and Cat

215/45/17 Falkin Azenis

Attachments

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
not too bad man:thumbsup:

Your trap speed is def good for a mid 13 second run. You seem to be having the same problem I have...tires and traction. Gotta love FWD:(

·
Registered
904 Posts
that about the bst you can run with street tires. pretty good times for heavy rsx. get some sticky tires and u see better times.

·
Fucken mustangs
673 Posts
come to st thomas on sept 14th and run street warz :)

I enter with my fg2

·
2003 NBP__n/a all the way
588 Posts
with those mods.....you should be in the low 13's........even with street tires.........

and do not run with azenis at the track....they are no good.....for 1/4 run......either go with drag radials or slicks.......this guy I seen at the track has a jackson racing super charger and running with 18inch rim and the best he did that day was 13.2....so you can do better......

·
Registered
34 Posts
how's the torque steer?

·
Mangekyou Sharingan!
2,433 Posts
with those mods.....you should be in the low 13's........even with street tires.........

and do not run with azenis at the track....they are no good.....for 1/4 run......either go with drag radials or slicks.......this guy I seen at the track has a jackson racing super charger and running with 18inch rim and the best he did that day was 13.2....so you can do better......
he is running a stock header with cat...i'm sure thats holding him back quite a bit....but with more seat time he should be able to lower his ET's still

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
For a 2.3 60 ft, your time is pretty darn good. Are you power shifting or taking your foot off of the gas while shifting? After analyzing my datalogs, I have found that a kind of modified power shift, from 3rd to 4th, where I back off of the gas just a little, has improved my times. I found that I was actually slowing down a little when engaging 4th gear.

Do you datalog your runs? There is all kinds of useful info from a 1/4 mile data run, like how fast you are going at the 60 ft. mark, how long it actually takes you to shift gears, how much speed you lose when shifting, how much your tach is off, and how much fuel to add by gear for first and second gear.

luvmyrsx

·
above status quo
2,399 Posts
I feel your pain man, I ran on 9psi setup, 05-s w/ a2 cp, 3.2" pulley, 750rcs, dcrh,bc spec 3 exhaust. Same track, in Cayuga, it was pretty cold tho..

Ran a 13.943 @ 106 i believe, 60' was damn near identical to yours. I had major issues with traction first and second gears. Also running falken azenis although mine are pretty worn.

need slicks and ill def improve the times drastically, I feel I should have ran better, I was starting to figure some things out when my boys car fucked up so I figured call it a night while I am ahead.

good fun though and a learning experience for the first time out in the RSX.

you should roll around with a couple of us blown t.o. rsxssssssss

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For a 2.3 60 ft, your time is pretty darn good. Are you power shifting or taking your foot off of the gas while shifting? After analyzing my datalogs, I have found that a kind of modified power shift, from 3rd to 4th, where I back off of the gas just a little, has improved my times. I found that I was actually slowing down a little when engaging 4th gear.

Do you datalog your runs? There is all kinds of useful info from a 1/4 mile data run, like how fast you are going at the 60 ft. mark, how long it actually takes you to shift gears, how much speed you lose when shifting, how much your tach is off, and how much fuel to add by gear for first and second gear.

luvmyrsx
I have dataloged a few runs. Truth is I don't go to the track much. When I do go it is a last minute decision, so I don't often go when conditions are great.

As for shifting, I take my time shifting 1-2 because of the car's tendancy to grind. After that the rest of the shifts are fast, somewhat modified powershifts.

I am sure this car will run faster.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I feel your pain man, I ran on 9psi setup, 05-s w/ a2 cp, 3.2" pulley, 750rcs, dcrh,bc spec 3 exhaust. Same track, in Cayuga, it was pretty cold tho..

Ran a 13.943 @ 106 i believe, 60' was damn near identical to yours. I had major issues with traction first and second gears. Also running falken azenis although mine are pretty worn.

need slicks and ill def improve the times drastically, I feel I should have ran better, I was starting to figure some things out when my boys car fucked up so I figured call it a night while I am ahead.

good fun though and a learning experience for the first time out in the RSX.

you should roll around with a couple of us blown t.o. rsxssssssss
Cayuga can be a slow track. My asenis are pretty worn too - I probably should have changed them already.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the other blown rsxs here in t.o. - let me know if you are heading to Cayuga anytime soon.

·
Registered
634 Posts
he is running a stock header with cat...i'm sure thats holding him back quite a bit....but with more seat time he should be able to lower his ET's still
ya he needs a rh , and its recommended by the manufacturer as well. once you lower the 60fts your tires we improve alot. But nice mph though bro.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ya he needs a rh , and its recommended by the manufacturer as well. once you lower the 60fts your tires we improve alot. But nice mph though bro.
Thanks man, I am happy with the mph it was running at.

I just changed the entire exhaust and got a tune done. The car is running great. I would like to take it out again to see how well the new tune and exhaust is working at the track.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.